Mounting FPV Equipment

Reaction score
So, I now have all parts on hand needed for a full FVP add to my P2.

• Immersion RC 5.8ghz Transmitter
  • DJI iOSD mini
  • Plug n Play cable
  • 7" Black Pearl monitor

Those that have the H4-3D Zenmuse gimbal know there is a small ani-interference card that comes with the unit and you stick it to the underside of the bird and then plug it in.

Question - Since the Immersion RC 5.8 ghz Transmitter also is suppose to be stuck to the underside of the bird, is there room for both the anti-interference card and the transmitter unit under the unit? Or have you found a better way to mount these?

So, I now have all parts on hand needed for a full FVP add to my P2.

• Immersion RC 5.8ghz Transmitter
  • DJI iOSD mini
  • Plug n Play cable
  • 7" Black Pearl monitor

Those that have the H4-3D Zenmuse gimbal know there is a small ani-interference card that comes with the unit and you stick it to the underside of the bird and then plug it in.

Question - Since the Immersion RC 5.8 ghz Transmitter also is suppose to be stuck to the underside of the bird, is there room for both the anti-interference card and the transmitter unit under the unit? Or have you found a better way to mount these?
IMG_1551.jpg

Reactions: dhornick
So I've mentioned I've received all the add on's needed for full FPV but then I had a thought/question. Keeping in mind everything I've purchased (listed above), instaed of using the 7" monitor could I use my iPhone for the monitor?

So I've mentioned I've received all the add on's needed for full FPV but then I had a thought/question. Keeping in mind everything I've purchased (listed above), instaed of using the 7" monitor could I use my iPhone for the monitor?

Didn' you ask that same question regrading the iPhone in another thread. The cell operate on wifi at a frequency of 2.4HGz which the same frequency as the P2 and will interference and possible lose of the quad. Now if you want to spend more money you would a ground station which runs on wifi but would a 2.4GHz datalink and receiver. My advice is get the monitor.

Didn' you ask that same question regrading the iPhone in another thread. The cell operate on wifi at a frequency of 2.4HGz which the same frequency as the P2 and will interference and possible lose of the quad. Now if you want to spend more money you would a ground station which runs on wifi but would a 2.4GHz datalink and receiver. My advice is get the monitor.

I probably did. I do have the monitor and will do the install of all next week.

Reactions: jason
I probably did. I do have the monitor and will do the install of all next week.

What'd you mean all next week. There's only 21/2 hours work to install all of it.

Good gives me time for fixing screwups.

Just make sure the plug n play positive and negative match the label on the transmitter or you'll have more screwups to fix.

Bingo Bango, all done. Everything installed and it all works. Plus, I installed the Mini OSD and the Anti-interference card internally. I've not flown it yet because I finished late last night and between work and the weather just not possible. But the video does feed through to the monitor.

Monitor follow up question though, are there any particular settings I need to use with the Black Pearl monitor? I mean, yes the video does feed to the unit but on first view, I'm not overly impressed with the quality of the picture. It's like watching a non HD broadcast show on a HD TV. Plus the overlays of the OSD info are on top of other displays.

Bingo Bango, all done. Everything installed and it all works. Plus, I installed the Mini OSD and the Anti-interference card internally. I've not flown it yet because I finished late last night and between work and the weather just not possible. But the video does feed through to the monitor.

Monitor follow up question though, are there any particular settings I need to use with the Black Pearl monitor? I mean, yes the video does feed to the unit but on first view, I'm not overly impressed with the quality of the picture. It's like watching a non HD broadcast show on a HD TV. Plus the overlays of the OSD info are on top of other displays.

For one thing you do not have $100,000.00 camera on that gimbal so the video on the monitor isn't going to be of the same quality as that of a HD TV.

Go into the GoPro's menu and shut off the the OSD display that will resolve the overlay issue.

Make sure both receiving antennas RX 1/2 are both on the same channel. You will probably have reception problems after your first flight such as distance, dropouts and interference which you will have to deal with later.

OK so how about this one. I find that the Black Pearl monitor comes with about as much instruction as well, everything else I purchased to date. Including the P2 itself. Little to none. I guess I'm just used to specific detailed instructions explaining every aspect of the item they come with. Example: Canon regarding their DSLR camera's. Every single thing is described down to the last detail. Sorry for ranting.....

Any idea where I'd find out what the on screen display symbols mean? Each and everyone of them. I dont find anything that explains either from the Monitor or the mini OSD output. And if I guess right, by looking at YouTube videos, it looks like everything is in meters rather than feet? Any way to change that?

OK so how about this one. I find that the Black Pearl monitor comes with about as much instruction as well, everything else I purchased to date. Including the P2 itself. Little to none. I guess I'm just used to specific detailed instructions explaining every aspect of the item they come with. Example: Canon regarding their DSLR camera's. Every single thing is described down to the last detail. Sorry for ranting.....

Any idea where I'd find out what the on screen display symbols mean? Each and everyone of them. I dont find anything that explains either from the Monitor or the mini OSD output. And if I guess right, by looking at YouTube videos, it looks like everything is in meters rather than feet? Any way to change that?

It would take to long typing back and forth. Check your PM a red number next to the envelope.

If you're still having problems with the BP monitor call me walk through it. My number is in your personal messages and leave a message and I'll call you right back.

You Have my number if you want to call

Here I thought you were having problems with the monitor. There's really nothing to the iOSD as there haven't been been any update since came on the market in Dec 31,13 and the only thing you can adjust is the screen position.

Here I thought you were having problems with the monitor. There's really nothing to the iOSD as there haven't been been any update since came on the market in Dec 31,13 and the only thing you can adjust is the screen position.

After I put 2 and 2 together and thought of the OSD as a mini flight computer then I realized I needed to research those displays more. Things like distance, height, number of satellites, etc... This is actually exactly what I was looking for. I just don't know why they don't ship this detail with the unit.

After I put 2 and 2 together and thought of the OSD as a mini flight computer then I realized I needed to research those displays more. Things like distance, height, number of satellites, etc... This is actually exactly what I was looking for. I just don't know why they don't ship this detail with the unit.

I have height, distance and RTH height os a sticker in both feet and meters. Because everything is in meters I use this formula for every 10m is 32' which is close enough for government work.

So I ordered antenna upgrades (5.8GHz Fatshark spiroNET Antenne Set Cloverleaf and SPW - FPV 5.8 - ImmersionRC) and they arrived with both male connections. I need on male, one female. Should I have ordered somthing different. I'm going to keep these as spares but still need one with a female connector.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20