Mounting Flytrex 3G Live

Reaction score
I'm wondering how/where people are mounting a Flytrex live on their Non-Vision. I have seen a few photos of it mounted in Vison's, but on my P2 I have a gimbal, IOSD Mini and a Vtx; that does not leave much room for much else. I know could relocate the IOSD inside the hull, but even then it still looks to me like there would not be enough room? I'm very new to all this, so forgive me if this has been covered or is simply a dumb question :)

Regards

I'm using the mount that SteveMann linked to. It's 5g and provides for a relatively clean install IMO.

file.php

phenom3030 said:
I'm using the mount that SteveMann linked to. It's 5g and provides for a relatively clean install IMO.
On mine, I'll add a gram as I Ty-wrap the mount to the Phantom's legs.

Hey Steve, what carrier service plan did you go with on the flytrex?

I'm with Verizon and in this neck of Oregon, T-Mobile doesn't provide the best of coverage.

Just curious as I have a flytrex on the way.

Navman said:

I'm with Verizon and in this neck of Oregon, T-Mobile doesn't provide the best of coverage.

An man, I am also in Oregon and I went with the H2O pay per minute card, $10 worth is good for 90 days. I have been using about .30 cents per flight. The H2o card uses the ATT network and even being on the coast I have great coverage.

I mounted the transmitter inside, module side to vent for cooling. I can still change switch settings if needed through the gimbal hole. Made enough room to mount Flytrex on the belly.

I have wide landing gear so I cant use the holder. What about taking the case off the flytrex and putting in inside. Any thoughts? I really want a clean look of my phantom. All my fpv are already mounted on the outside.

Steve, all of our phones are Verizon so I guess that leaves H20/AT&T out.

Guess I need to find a cheap data plan that works with Verizon, Page Plus?

Rustynuts said:
Navman said:

An man, I am also in Oregon and I went with the H2O pay per minute card, $10 worth is good for 90 days. I have been using about .30 cents per flight. The H2o card uses the ATT network and even being on the coast I have great coverage.

Navman said:
Steve, all of our phones are Verizon so I guess that leaves H20/AT&T out.

Guess I need to find a cheap data plan that works with Verizon, Page Plus?

Rustynuts said:
Navman said:

I'm a bit confused with your statement, even if all of your phones are Verizon you can still get an H2O micro sim card. If AT&T has good coverage in your area I'd recommend the H2O. I have Verizon for my family's cell phones, but H2O had the best cost benefit with its $10 prepaid cell service card.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20