Mounting a dual antenna RX on F450

Reaction score
For the time being I intend to use a v1.1.1 dual antenna RX.

Any advice on how to route the antennas. I would like, if possible, to avoid fitting the landing gear until I am confident it is all set up correctly.

This is turning into a right drama.

I'm using the DJ6 Tx and the dual antenna Rx- the standard Phantom v1.1.1 setup.

I can see it all working in Naza assistant, but the Rx needs rebinding everytime I power down.

This is the reply from Helipal;-

We tried again, we noticed this problem too.
However, this Receiver meant to use on Phantom "CIRCUIT BOARD", not directly connecting NAZA.

How can this be the case?

Is there any reason why you want to use a Phantom Radio on a F450? I've got a DEVO 7 for sale in the classifieds?? I know cheap plug-in. :lol:

FangsCPO said:
Is there any reason why you want to use a Phantom Radio on a F450? I've got a DEVO 7 for sale in the classifieds?? I know cheap plug-in. :lol:

With hind sight, I would have gone your Devo route. But I'm so far down the road now- having been hit by customs and vat......

I have been scouring the web for days, and still have no clue as to why a Phantom v1.1.1 Rx should not work on a F450.

You will see from my reply from Helipal, they state that the Rx is connected to the Phantom main board and not to the Naza.

This is plainly wrong- unless there is some connection that I do not know about.

discv said:
This is plainly wrong- unless there is some connection that I do not know about.

No, you're right...either they just pulled that out of their butt, or they're doing a bad job of trying to say the Rx board can only be used with a NAZA that is also connected to the mainboard (which I believe is blatantly incorrect as well). Either way, I'm pretty sure there's been others who have successfully transplanted the Phantom Tx/Rx to 450's.

I'm wondering if my problems stem from the fact that the firmware v4.02 for Naza v2 is different from the firmware for Naza V2 as fitted to the Phantom [also labelled v4.02]

discv said:
I'm wondering if my problems stem from the fact that the firmware v4.02 for Naza v2 is different from the firmware for Naza V2 as fitted to the Phantom [also labelled v4.02]

Where did you hear that from? I've never heard that there was any difference in that firmware...not saying that's wrong, but I've never come across anything the regular NAZA v2 can do that the one in the Phantom 1.1.1 can't. I use the same firmware on my Phantom 1.2 and haven't ever run in to any obstacles with it.

The P2 firmware is definitely different, but every indication I have is that the Phantom 1 NAZA's use the same exact version as the retail boxed NAZA v2's.

I have begun to suspect this by looking at the DJI download page. Under Phantom 1 it lists v4.02 and it states "for phantom only"

Turn to downloads for Naza v2 it lists again the firmware v4.02.

Plus [believe it or not ] DJI support has responded saying that the Rx module in the Phantom will not work with a"stand alone" Naza.

Beats me too :?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BoguSlav