Mount Mod for full-size iPad (not mini)

Reaction score
My 61 year-old eyesight isn't what it used to be so I wanted to mount my full-size iPad onto the controller, but could only find mounting mods for the iPad mini out there -- until yesterday. This guy came up with a $4.52 mod that works with a full-size iPad. I made it this morning and it works great. He is actually using his inexpensive mod to mount an iPad mini and is using a 5"-7" plate hanger in the video, but I just used a 7"-10" plate hanger to fit my larger iPad instead. I also had to attached the wire ties to the lowest spring loop instead of at mid-spring so the iPad would sit a little higher off the controller. Adding a full-size iPad does add some significant weight to the controller, but at least I (and anyone looking over my shoulder) can now easily read the screen. I'm a happy camper.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=81fFLCBKdvY

Hadn't found a post about this mod, so thought I'd pass this along.

Very nice. If it were me, I would just simply wrap the tips of those wires with electrical tape a few times. That should keep it from scratching...

Agreed. I actually added a thicker clear tubing onto those hook ends. Might wind up extending that tubing down the entire length of those hanger wires.

Attachments

• strap.jpg
    strap.jpg
    531.4 KB · Views: 437
  • back.jpg
    back.jpg
    283 KB · Views: 485
  • ipad2.jpg
    ipad2.jpg
    562.1 KB · Views: 492
Nice. Can you tell me where you ordered the mount parts?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cgarner1