Welcome to PhantomPilots.com

Motors won't start

Discussion in 'Phantom 2 Vision Help' started by Geoff Crosby, May 9, 2016.

1. Geoff Crosby

I've got a Phantom 2 plus. I recently flew into my solid Cedar fence and crashed about 3 feet down onto the lawn. It has survived a couple of similar impacts in it's 25 flight life. this time however, while all systems such as smart phone data and drone light's seem to indicate flight readiness, the motors won't start when I pull the sticks in. How do I diagnose and fix this problem?

2. GadgetGuy

Stay away from cedar fences??? ;)
    Seriously, sounds like time for a DJI repair.
    You might try recalibrating the IMU, as any impact can throw it out of whack.

3. Geoff Crosby

Yeah, open sky has been working well for me lately. I had a brainwave about a low level yard shot. bad idea.
    How do I calibrate the IMU. Is there a program to download for diagnostics etc?

4. Geoff Crosby

well I have downloaded the Phantom 2 assistant and will proceed to calibrate.

5. Mark The Droner

You might also check the calibration of your controller

N017RW likes this.
  6. thunderbyrd

*** FIXED ! My motors wouldn't start even though everything else seemed to be working. This is how I fixed my Phantom 3 Standard by turning on the remote and the aircraft. Connect to the aircraft's wifi and launch the DJI Go app. Go to Remote Controller Settings. Go to the bottom of the screen and choose the "Linking RC" option (it's in blue). A window pops up and says "searching for aircraft-Press the linking button on your aircraft to link this RC" The RC will beep. Turn the aircraft over and push the red button located near the landing gear and hold it down for a couple of seconds. A window pops up to say "Finished Linking" and click "OK". This is one of two methods for linking the aircraft. This one worked for me. If not you can Google DJI Phantom 3 Standard how to link the aircraft. I think it's on DJI's website but I don't know where. Hope this helps.