Motors won't start phantom 2

Reaction score
Hi everyone

I've had my phantom 2 for six month and after upgrading
To the latest firmware the motors won't fire up and I get
3 blinking red lights after the yellow light then another yellow
Here is a vid any thoughts will help thanks
[youtube]http://youtu.be/AoqEGYsc5ls[/youtube]

Set it upright first, while it will spool up tilted like that, it's just not a good idea.

The top is off, so I'd have to assume your GPS is unplugged? If so, that's the issue, it will not spool up with the GPS disconnected.

RDCF550 said:
Set it upright first, while it will spool up tilted like that, it's just not a good idea.

The top is off, so I'd have to assume your GPS is unplugged? If so, that's the issue, it will not spool up with the GPS disconnected.
I'm not sure about the newer software but on the 1.8 I can spool up with top off GPS unplugged .
OP
Try sticks bottom outsides instead of bottom inside their are a few different ways to start the motors .

OP says he has the latest FW, and from Ver3 or so up the GPS has to be plugged in or you get no motor spooling.

Use RC Assistant Software to calibrate the remote. Then afterwards calibrate remote in the Phantom Assistant software again. See if this helps.

RDCF550 said:
OP says he has the latest FW, and from Ver3 or so up the GPS has to be plugged in or you get no motor spooling.
Thanks for the clarification I never upgraded and won't :twisted:
If the 3.0 and up need the GPS then that would be his problem ..

Welcome.

Hope that was your issue Mirage911, if not let us know. You wouldn't be the first person to have that be the issue, and I doubt the last. ;)

When I recently udated my firmware to 3.06 I also could not start my motors. Found that my RC calibrations were all way out. That is why it would not recognize the CSC. Then downloaded the RC Assistant software, calibrated it. When I connected to the Phantom Assistant Software, it was showing it was uncalibrated still, in a bad way, recalibrated the RC in the Phantom Assistant Software, then it would accept the CSC and start the motors.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jrl