Motors wont start on P3A

Reaction score
Lately I have been having an issue and am hoping to get some feedback. When I first go to fly I power everything up, let the IMU heat up, calibrate the compass and wait for the lights to flash correctly. When I go to start the motors nothing happens - I tried everything, manual takeoff, auto takeoff, turning the controller on and off, still nothing.

Usually after 5-10 minutes the motors will start and it will fly with no issues. Does anyone know why this is happening?

Why would you calibrate your compass EVERY time you fly? That's just asking for disaster...

try doing an IMU calibration when it is cold, put quad outside for 15 min without battery.
Bring quad inside and find level surface , turn on quad and do imu calibration right away.

Ya know... What does the app say when you try to auto take off and nothing happens? Should get a warning of some kind?

I agree with the IMU calibration. But that doesn't sound like the issue

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

Lately I have been having an issue and am hoping to get some feedback. When I first go to fly I power everything up, let the IMU heat up, calibrate the compass and wait for the lights to flash correctly. When I go to start the motors nothing happens - I tried everything, manual takeoff, auto takeoff, turning the controller on and off, still nothing.

Usually after 5-10 minutes the motors will start and it will fly with no issues. Does anyone know why this is happening?
Five or ten minutes is a long time to wait and not typical. Next time, watch your satellite count and how long it takes to get enough for takeoff. I would try a cold imu calibration if you're in cold temperatures outside. If nothing else seems to help and all systems are reading good for flight hardware wise, I'd try deleting and reinstalling the go app just to see if that helps.

Reactions: Steve J Miller
1 - I wasnt near a no-fly zone, happened in 3 different locations

2 - I calibrate my compass everytime - even tried it a 2nd time - no change

3 - I did an IMU calibration yesterday but it didnt help - today I am going to do a cold one to see if it works - hoping this was the issue

4 - Screen says good to fly, no issues as well as lights are correct on phantom

Thanks everyone - this is baffling me

I really thought more people would of had this issue

Could be your TX needs its sticks calibrated. ?

Will it take off if you use auto takeoff when its not responding ?

If nothing else seems to help and all systems are reading good for flight hardware wise, I'd try deleting and reinstalling the go app just to see if that helps.

I was first using Litchi, then I started over with DJI Go, then I uninstalled/reinstalled Litchi - nothing worked - I could try reinstalling my DJI app but not sure that would help - fingers crossed its the IMU cold calibration

I was first using Litchi, then I started over with DJI Go, then I uninstalled/reinstalled Litchi - nothing worked - I could try reinstalling my DJI app but not sure that would help - fingers crossed its the IMU cold calibration
Interesting. It's an imu warm up if you're truly in cold temperatures there. If you're in a warm climate, it's not that. But if it's cold, a cold imu will fix imu warm up flight delays. I use litchi and I had a weird thing happen twice now. Upon landing, full left stick down wouldn't turn the bird off right away. It does in the go app though. Weird. I just figure it's an anomaly and I'm keeping an eye on it.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wkflysaphan4