Motors quit at 10%

Reaction score
I flew today down to 22% and landed at the home spot. It is time to drain down to 8% so I took off the blades and let it run down. At 10% the motors quit!!! Is this normal that motors will quit at 10% (and fall out of the air) or was it because I was at the home position so they quit? I normally land at 20-25%.

After you removed the props, did you start up the motors using auto take off? If so, it's normal for the motors to stop after a few seconds if the props are removed and the P3 does not ascend.

No. I started it manually. I let it run down to 10% at the the home position. Then at 10% the motors quit. So, I took the props off (started it again manually) and let it run down to 8%.

No. I started it manually. I let it run down to 10% at the the home position. Then at 10% the motors quit. So, I took the props off (started it again manually) and let it run down to 8%.

Normal i believe. 10% is critical, so it will land itself. If already landed, why not shut off?

Reactions: Oso
Gotcha. So what levels do you have your low and critical battery warnings set for? It must have reached your settings.

Normal i believe. 10% is critical, so it will land itself. If already landed, why not shut off?
Sorry, didn't see your post. I should have refreshed but I'm deep into the Mets/Dodgers game.

Reactions: PilotHarry
Same thing for me. Couldn't run it down to 8 percent because the motors won't run below 10.

I didn't know this!

So, you're telling me that my Phantom will just fall out of the sky if the battery gets to 10 percent?

This can't be!

I didn't know this!

So, you're telling me that my Phantom will just fall out of the sky if the battery gets to 10 percent?

This can't be!

No, but it will immediately try to land. If it's already landed (as in this case), it will cut off the engines.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31