Motors on left side spinning in the same direction. Just recieved it back from DJI repair

Reaction score
Hey guys,

I just received my P3P back from DJI repair after being out for almost 3 weeks. I attempted to take it up earlier to hover a few feet off the ground just to make sure all is ok. Nope, she dived face forward and flipped. Both front motors make a bad sound from stopped abruptly also.

I determined that the motors on the left side are spinning in the same direction. The other 3 are spinning correctly.

Whats really aggravating is that when I called last, the gal told me that the reason I didn't receive tracking info is that it was probably in testing phase since each one is tested before it leaves the repair center. How could it have been tested in this state?

So irritated at this. Of course its under warranty so I can't tamper with fixing it. Now I probably gotta wait another 3 weeks!!!

It should be easy to swap the wires around if you know how to use a soldering iron.

It should be easy to swap the wires around if you know how to use a soldering iron.

Did you read the original post?...Anyway..I find it hard to be confidant in anything DJI says...been disappointed by them a few times...sucks that they currently have no real competition or I wouldn't be giving DJI any more of my money.

w66xa.jpg

Did you read the original post?...Anyway..I find it hard to be confidant in anything DJI says...been disappointed by them a few times...sucks that they currently have no real competition or I wouldn't be giving DJI any more of my money.

Yes, if you dont want to wait, swap the wires around.

Okay ...we can just swap the wires around on these motors...? I remember hearing somewhere that one can't just swap the wires, but that might have been the T motors I'm thinking of...

Swapping ANY two wires (of a 3 ph motor) will reverse direction and is not an issue.

Not sure why 'T' motors would be any different.

Thanks for the clarification.

I don't know either. But I saw a video by Ben777 .. something like that... and the T motors are marked CW or CCW for rotation. The guy in the vid had to send a motor back because they sent him the wrong one.

The other problem, of course, is if you have a motor that has self-locking props, and you reverse the wires to change the rotation, what happens next?

Last edited:
OK,

What that means is they are polarized for rotation at the SHAFT.
The same is true for these DJI motors.

This means you can't use them in reverse as it would self-loosen the prop sort-of-speak.

However strictly speaking 'electrically' it is possible and not a 'risk' for lack of a better word.

Yes check the motor type before swapping the wires. Motors are designed to rotate in a particular direction.

......if not we will have another "my Phantom fell from the sky for no reason " thread.

For the most part observations are inadequate, inaccurate, and poorly communicated making it unlikely most will be understood to a level of certainty.

There's always a reason though.

Nothing new for r/c aircraft.

Reactions: yorlik
What i have said is true (re changing wires around assuming you have correct motors fitted.

Ie 2 silver and 2 black capped.

Reactions: yorlik
Just wanted to give an update. I've been in contact with DJI throughout the early part of the day. Since it's under warranty, I didn't want to tamper with it since I may need to use the remaining part of my warranty for something else. Hopefully that something else never comes. They are going to compensate me with a new set of blades and a new prop tool since the P3P I got back has the new updated motors and my tool no longer works with these newer motors. Also, they emailed me a 2nd day air label. Weather hasn't been the best so, It's not ideal conditions to fly anyway. Some people probably would have fixed themselves but I didn't want to solder it and hope to heck my solder job never let loose. Also they use some sort of epoxy or silicone to ensure the wires stay put. Didn't want to chisel thru that.

Just so everyone knows I'm not crazy, Here is my P3P. You can best see that both props are spinning the same direction when I power it off. The front left one should be going CW. However it is going CCW.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wkflysaphan4