Motors don't start after replacing

Reaction score
I had put on prop guards which I never used once I got the hang of flying and when I removed them I reused the long screws and damaged the windings on the motors. Each of the motors would stutter when I tried to start them. I replaced each of the motors and now I can't get them to run. I have recalibrated everything, nothing. There are no chimes on power up which may indicate something, the GPS plug seems secure, I'd do notice the camera gimbal moves a little when I move the joysticks. I'm at a complete loss And DJI support is worthless. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Scott.

ESCs can be damaged by the damaged coils in the motors as well.

If you are confident that ALL the connections both to the ESCs and to the motors are correct you may [must?] have damaged the ESCs as they also create the start-up tones using the motors as transducers (speakers).

Do you get any of the start-up or warm-up LED indications under the rear arms or the red LEDs on front arms when trying to start motors?

I get the startup LEDs when powering it up, but the LEDs don't change when I attempt to start up the motors. I did hear from DJI and they said...

First, try rebinding the remote to see if that resolves your issue. You also want to make sure that the unit has the latest firmware update and that the IMU is calibrated.

Everytime I try and calibrate the IMU it tells me the MC is too hot, even though the unit has been sitting. Rebinding does not work.

I may try changing out the ESCs.

Two things will stop motors from start up. Bad ESC or even the GPS plug to the main board.

The GPS plug is connected but does not snap into place like I would expect, it's rather loose. I'm going to replace thenESC boards and see if that helps.

Thanks for the advice folks.

It was the ESCs, once I replaced them everythings back to normal. It would be nice if all those connections were plug and play rather than soldered.

Your right but thank goodness they last a long long time. Haven't had to replace one in over a year now. Lost of flying time on mine. Did have to repair a couple of cracks under one motor .

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wkflysaphan4