motors and modified 550

Reaction score
hey guys im just learnig the inns and the outs of multi rotors :) im on the process of building a 550 dji flame wheel. however i would like a differnt more efficent motor. i found modified DJI arms that are about 40mm longer then stock and all black. so this is what i would want to use and have purchased..

few questions id actually like to run a 6s pak on a 550 is this possible?

Can i get slightly bigger motors? and what KV range should i stick with

I alreadu have a vison 2 and i want something bigger...th s800 is just out of budet right now.

so what esc would you reccomend? what size motors diameter/ shaft? ect

going to use the dji naza m2 unless i kind find a good deal on something else.

so i need to know...do you guys think 6s on a 550 is unreal? i would like something with alot of power

also...when you hood this up is there away to keep the potrs at a consatnt RPM? i mean there is no giovernermode like a heli? corect?

BruceTS said:
http://aerialmob.com/store/ has your best options for arms, then go with some 3520 400kv motors and 14 to 15" props running 6s and you have a machine that will rival the s800.

+1

propwash, if you're going to be using a 6S system on a 550 and lifting the weight to justify it, you probably need to be using better arms than the stock ones, or the "they look like stock but stretched longer" version that I'm guessing are the ones you found. I've never purchased from aerialmob, but those are the kinds of arms (and motors and props) you'll need to look at using for going that big on a 550.

I just installed those arms on my TBS Discovery, and once I can afford to upgrade the motors, ESC's and props will go big. Waiting to see what Trappy comes up with.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic