Motorola Moto G works

Reaction score
Just a quick FYI, the Motorola Moto G 2nd generation phone works very well with DJI Go 2.8.2 and my P3A. I haven't seen Motorola phones on any compatibility lists. I went to a flying site and forgot to cache the map area in my tablet so decided to try the phone and surprisingly it worked great. The video display is smooth and the display is quite bright. This is a very inexpensive display option.

Hi, I have just bought a Phantom 3 Standard, updated to latest firmware and use it with Motorola Moto G 2nd gen running Android 6. I notice quite a lag between camera and screen meaning depending on camera view on mobile is a no go, did you experience this? Video is perfect BTW.
I also find more often than not that after starting aircraft, controller, connecting WiFi then running Go App that it doesn't show the correct model and blue (active) camera button but the How to Connect button i.e. it hasn't connected, have you had this?
PS - I've been flying it a few days, learning a lot, reading manual, forums etc. It has successfully returned to home using the app or flipping the S2 switch a few times. Today, I though I would be bold and sent it off at a few metres up and at some speed until it showed weak signal, I then toggled the S12 switch, it said returning to home but I couldn't see it. Eventually it was showing out of range and maximum engine speed reached! I found it 15 minutes later in a tree at head height with 2 broken props, with 2 blades still spinning. Though I felt lucky I am unsure why it didn't return, and for once I didn't have video recording. Although it was showing within range when I got near it I couldn't work out how to get it to show me where it was, the map view was greyed out! Any advice, other than don't be stupid, would be appreciated ;-)

Last edited:
Hi, I have just bought a Phantom 3 Standard, updated to latest firmware and use it with Motorola Moto G 2nd gen running Android 6. I notice quite a lag between camera and screen meaning depending on camera view on mobile is a no go, did you experience this? Video is perfect BTW.
I also find more often than not that after starting aircraft, controller, connecting WiFi then running Go App that it doesn't show the correct model and blue (active) camera button but the How to Connect button i.e. it hasn't connected, have you had this?
PS - I've been flying it a few days, learning a lot, reading manual, forums etc. It has successfully returned to home using the app or flipping the S2 switch a few times. Today, I though I would be bold and sent it off at a few metres up and at some speed until it showed weak signal, I then toggled the S12 switch, it said returning to home but I couldn't see it. Eventually it was showing out of range and maximum engine speed reached! I found it 15 minutes later in a tree at head height with 2 broken props, with 2 blades still spinning. Though I felt lucky I am unsure why it didn't return, and for once I didn't have video recording. Although it was showing within range when I got near it I couldn't work out how to get it to show me where it was, the map view was greyed out! Any advice, other than don't be stupid, would be appreciated ;-)
The lag I see when flying with my Moto G is not enough to be a problem (I estimate 200 ms). The difference may be in that you have additional delay with WiFI required for P3S. My phone is connected by USB for flying my P3A. I also fly a Parrot Bebop that uses WiFi and I have found that turning off bluetooth helps reduce lag. I have not experienced a flyaway like yours but if you do a search of the P3 forum you will find several threads discussing similar.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic