motor upgrades + more for fc40

Reaction score
So I kinda fell off the map for a while here. I need to replace 1-2 motors on my FC40... for reasons we wont talk about. >.>.....<.<.....>.<
My drone drifts when I it should just hover. one of the motors threading is a bit messed up and causes a little wobble.

so im wondering if i should just pick up stock motors or try and find an upgrade/ aftermarket motors for it. im not looking to break the bank here and kinda want to boost performance a little .
also any other general upgrades you can suggest would be cool. prop, or electrical. kinda wana keep it under 100 as this is an older model and i want to limit the amount i invest into it, as it can get expensive fast.

I'm going to be watching this thread. I'm always interested in inexpensive upgrades. Won't be long and someone will be telling you to use the search feature... rather than have conversations and hopefully discovering something new.

So I kinda fell off the map for a while here. I need to replace 1-2 motors on my FC40... for reasons we wont talk about. >.>.....<.<.....>.<
My drone drifts when I it should just hover. one of the motors threading is a bit messed up and causes a little wobble.

so im wondering if i should just pick up stock motors or try and find an upgrade/ aftermarket motors for it. im not looking to break the bank here and kinda want to boost performance a little .
also any other general upgrades you can suggest would be cool. prop, or electrical. kinda wana keep it under 100 as this is an older model and i want to limit the amount i invest into it, as it can get expensive fast.

I cannot begin to tell you how much I have invested in this hobby as it is too much. If you want to just fix your quad, just get another stock motor. They are all over the place on Ebay. I would suggest getting an OSD and monitor, but it will cost more than $100 for all of the parts. Also, I am personally avoiding products from China due to the hassle and lack of quality control. I keep getting bad or defective parts and they are reluctant to exchange, even after I buy another working product from somewhere else. Let me know what you want to do with your quad and I will let you know the cheapest and best options.

I cannot begin to tell you how much I have invested in this hobby as it is too much. If you want to just fix your quad, just get another stock motor. They are all over the place on Ebay. I would suggest getting an OSD and monitor, but it will cost more than $100 for all of the parts. Also, I am personally avoiding products from China due to the hassle and lack of quality control. I keep getting bad or defective parts and they are reluctant to exchange, even after I buy another working product from somewhere else. Let me know what you want to do with your quad and I will let you know the cheapest and best options.

I have spare fc-40 motors if you might be interested..sold my fc-40 but kept the motors

Same situation here. currently I'm looking for the FC40 motor replacement.... due to.... I think every one know this.... >.<
So first... I try to understand which other motor suitable with FC40 ESC. after looking around I got info.

some web mentioned that FC40 / Phantom 1 only can use 2212 920 KV motor.
can some one explain the meaning of
a. 2212 motor (what the different with 2312?)
b. 920 KV (some motor in the marker is more than 1000 KV, what is the meaning?)

Aside from motor. I think it's also importan to know about the ESC.
several people mentioned if I upgrade to use phantom 2 motor 2312, I should upgrade the ESC as well. so.
what would be the main different between ESC phantom FC40 vs ESC phantom 2?

what would be ESC phantom FC40 spec and what kind of motor compatible to this ESC?

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shimuafeni fredrik