Motor Rotation

Reaction score
The p4 motors don't appear to have a model number on them indicating CW or CCW unlike the p3 advanced. Have to replace a siezed motor. Any idea how to identify?

Don't know about the phantom 4 motors but normally they use the same motor. Only the prop mounts differ. The P3 might come with thread on top of motor that is why CW and CCW. P4 use loose prop mount that you put on yourself.

Anyway
Left front --CW
Right fron-- CCW
Left back--CCW
Right Back--CW

Thanks for the reply. I have to disagree however. Quad Copters can fly and manuvor because the motors rotate either CW or CCW. On threaded prop mounts they have the thread the shaft opposite of the rotation or centrifugal force would spin them off.

I have replaced a bunch of motors on my 3 and trust me they are different part numbers for CCW VS CW. This is the same for the P4. The problem is the existing burnt motor has no part number of any number etched on it. Thanks again for trying to offer some help.

I would think you could tell by the position on the copter which direction it turns, or by installing the prop to see the orientation of its leading edge to be very sure. It is odd that there are no markings on the motors, but there are indeed two different DJI part numbers on the packaging anyway.

Reactions: Pharm
I would think you could tell by the position on the copter which direction it turns, or by installing the prop to see the orientation of its leading edge to be very sure....

That's the easiest way to identify if the seized motor is CW or CCW. Also, the motor directly opposite the affected one will spin the same direction.

thanks for the good information. I'll have the shell off it this weekend (first time I ever popped the top on a P-4) and I'll post some pictures.

P4, Left rear and Right front motors are CCW.

thanks for the good information. I'll have the shell off it this weekend (first time I ever popped the top on a P-4) and I'll post some pictures.

Only issue I didn't find covered in tear down video's is unplugging the 2 boards in the legs. gyro's I think.
Pita to unplug at the board, I ruined the first one. Didn't matter as this short harness comes with the landing gear I was replacing. I believe it can stay plugged in at the board and be unplugged from the mainboard.

Turbo

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wkflysaphan4