Motor/Propeller Won't Spin - What could be causing it? (Stored for 8 months)

Reaction score
Hi everyone,

Novice drone user here with very little flight time with my a couple year old DJI Phantom 2 with a Flysight FPV setup and a GoPro Hero 3.

My drone has seen very little air time, and last year around October, I stored my drone in my home office and never touched it til this week (felt the itch to fly again).

After getting everything set up (fpv, GoPro, calibration all works), I executed the command stick command to start the motors/propellers, and nothing. I can't seem to get the propeller/motor to activate and not sure what it causing it.

When I stored my drone, it was working perfectly and put it aside in storage case.

I've searched and seen about doing a firmware update (even though my firmware is up to date), making sure I'm using the proper propeller, but I still can't get it to activate (all 4 motor/propeller).

Any help would be greatly appreciated :)

EDIT: I do want to note that is has been crashed early in my purchase, but it has since been fixed (the only damage was my Zenmuse). It has worked properly for months since then, until I stored it.

Tim

You may need to calibrate the RC. if you're controls aren't going to 100% you may not be able to start the motors.

There are a couple different methods to do this:

And this one, requires opening the RC Case (Try the one above first)

Motors usually don't start:

Could be a NFZ.
Could be rebar in the ground (compass).
Could be GPS not detected.
Could be bad IMU.
Could be bad cells in Battery.
Could be Transmitter stick obstruction - NOT dead centre when powered on.

Thank you @ryantrax and @Mako79. I'll try troubleshooting based on your feedback.

Sorry for the delay in response, I wasn't getting notifications when people responds to the thread so I just saw this :)

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dosserdd