Motor problem??

Reaction score
Hi all landed from my first flight today with a p2 and landed perfectly but unfortunately didn't turn the motors off properly and tilted it and one of the props got stuck it some grass. Now when I turn it on it wants to spin but just doesn't quite do it. Sometime after 5-10 sec it goes but not all the time.
Any idea on what it could be??

Describe just how.you shut the motors off ?.sounds like it tipped to one side and one prop cut in the grass and dirt right ?

Describe just how.you shut the motors off ?.sounds like it tipped to one side and one prop cut in the grass and dirt right ?
I went to turn it off by using the 2 controllers and didn't do it right the first time and that is when it tilted so I did again straight away not knowing that you can use only the one to shut it down. And yes one prop went into the grass

If the motor is intermittent like start stop start stop, it's likely either a bad motor or bad ESC. It's pretty much impossible to figure out which, so you just have to swap 'em out and test. Good luck.

Reactions: MotorCycle-Man
If the motor is intermittent like start stop start stop, it's likely either a bad motor or bad ESC. It's pretty much impossible to figure out which, so you just have to swap 'em out and test. Good luck.
I have swapped the motor around with one of the others and it was still doing the same thing so picking that it would be a bad esc. Any links on were to purchase these from as not having much luck searching around

Hi all landed from my first flight today with a p2 and landed perfectly but unfortunately didn't turn the motors off properly and tilted it and one of the props got stuck it some grass. Now when I turn it on it wants to spin but just doesn't quite do it. Sometime after 5-10 sec it goes but not all the time.
Any idea on what it could be??
Yes.....and my very first flights....i went by the manuel and i had my p3 fall to the sides as i was shutting down the engines and have the props hit the ground ! then here....on the drone form i found out that command stick shut down was wrong....Then i used the one power engine stick method and never had a issue since.....Just wondering where did you find that P-2...they are rare !

I have swapped the motor around with one of the others and it was still doing the same thing so picking that it would be a bad esc. Any links on were to purchase these from as not having much luck searching around

Andy....i hope that you kept record as where the motors went 2 are the same and 2 are different....And i'm sure IF you did not label them 1 2 3 and 4 and on the lower case 1 2 3 and 4 ...you are going to have to ask for help on them here.

https://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_...=Phantom+2+motors&rh=i:aps,k:Phantom+2+motors

Yes.....and my very first flights....i went by the manuel and i had my p3 fall to the sides as i was shutting down the engines and have the props hit the ground ! then here....on the drone form i found out that command stick shut down was wrong....Then i used the one power engine stick method and never had a issue since.....Just wondering where did you find that P-2...they are rare !
I have a friend that was selling his so thought why not

I have the same problem. prop could not move and I could nto shut down for a while. No the affected motor does not run and when I turn them on 3 rev for a bit and the stopped one does not work.

There are scratches on the motor shell and it rotates freely. My differential diagnosis is bad motor vs bad ESC.

My question: If it were a bad ESC, wouldn't there be an ESC error?

Also interesting, I live 6 mi from an airport anc can't arm the motors. I thought the distance was 5 miles. works fine when I go a bit farther awas form the airport.

Thanks! Eric (newbie)

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj