Motor Problem - Please help!

Reaction score
Hello everyone,

I recently purchased a new S3 and I've had it for 3 weeks. Everything was working fine until I flew it during a bit of wind and had a rough landing. One of the motors rear silver ccw was still spinning when I picked it up from the ground and the propeller was caught. This prevented the motor from completing a full gyration and as a result damaged the motor where it needed to be replaced since it did not spin correctly for lift off.

I recently replaced the motor with a 2312 V2 rather than the 2312a (I read the only difference is the shock prevention and not performance, so it should be able to take off) I will replace once I get home from a trip. I spliced the wires and soldered them together and the motor worked perfectly fine. However, when I attempted to lift off, the black rear cw motor did not sping as quickly and prevented from take off. I turned the S3 off and brought it back home to assess. After bringing home, I updated the firmware and restarted. I re-calibrated the S3 and now, the front black cw motor does the same thing while all other motors are spinning normally.

Do you think its a calibration problem if all motors have the ability to gyrate normally? Is it the ESC board? Should I replace all motors?

Please help!

T

Hello everyone,

I recently purchased a new S3 and I've had it for 3 weeks. Everything was working fine until I flew it during a bit of wind and had a rough landing. One of the motors rear silver ccw was still spinning when I picked it up from the ground and the propeller was caught. This prevented the motor from completing a full gyration and as a result damaged the motor where it needed to be replaced since it did not spin correctly for lift off.

I recently replaced the motor with a 2312 V2 rather than the 2312a (I read the only difference is the shock prevention and not performance, so it should be able to take off) I will replace once I get home from a trip. I spliced the wires and soldered them together and the motor worked perfectly fine. However, when I attempted to lift off, the black rear cw motor did not sping as quickly and prevented from take off. I turned the S3 off and brought it back home to assess. After bringing home, I updated the firmware and restarted. I re-calibrated the S3 and now, the front black cw motor does the same thing while all other motors are spinning normally.

Do you think its a calibration problem if all motors have the ability to gyrate normally? Is it the ESC board? Should I replace all motors?

Please help!

T

This probably isn't applicable in your case, but the open brushless motors can get jammed up with sand or dirt very easily and bind them. If shut down ASAP, they are also very easy to unbind as it can be just dirt or sand in between the permanent magnets and the internal winding electromagnets. I had a Blade 350QX with a motor so filled with sand I wrote it off. A little compressed air, and tender loving care, and it was good as new. I was pleasantly amazed.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers