Motor problem on bramd new P2V+

Reaction score
Just reveived my P2V+ and after setting it up I was about to start a test flight.
Result: everything ok except one motor starting amd stopping alternatively.the corresponding LED flashes red permanently instead of staying permanently red.should be either the motor or the ESC but I am looking forward to get sone feedbacks before ordering the damaged spare part.Instead of prdering both O'd like to get only the really damaged one.
Thanks

If you just received it and its brand new send it back for replacement/repair at the dealer expense. Mine was doing the same thing out of the box and my dealer sent me an rma and are taking care of it with no questions asked.

If I could send it back I would have done it directly.But I purchased it with a US dealer and sent it to Dominican Republic (where I live)with another thousand dollars of dominican customs. Sending it back would mean taking the risk of paying again as Dominican custom system is a bit strange...
This is why I have no other option but to find a technical solution by myself. If anybody needs a video to understand the Issue I can send it by mail.
Thanks for your help!

Since you have to repair it yourself, open her up and check the plug on the faulty motor. Is the plug secure? Next look at the three solder joints from the motor to the ESC. Does the solder job look good? You could try heating them with a soldering iron just to make sure you have a good connection. Lastly you could order a new ESC and a motor (make sure to get the right motor...CW or CCW) (~$50 US for both).

You will have to replace either the motor, ESC or both.

I had the same issue with mine and the dealer sent me a replacement motor. I replaced that and it continued to pulse and flash. They then sent me an ESC and once I replaced that, it was working fine.

See if you can get your dealer to send you the parts only and you can do the repairs yourself.

Ok I will disarm it to see if a solder is not done properly & ask the dealer to provide me with replacement spare parts.
However, according to the informations I am getting from different sources, the problem looks like being a defective ESC…
Last question to make sur I will order the correct motor and ESC: the damaged item is located on an arm with red stripes / white head motor / silver head propeller (meaning counter clock wise turning propeller):
- Concerning the motor => I should order a CCW motor right? Could someone advise the reference for me to make sure I order the correct one?
- Concerning the ESC => Is is the same for any motor ore is there a specific reference either it is a CW or a CCW motor? Could someone advise the reference for me to make sure I order the correct one?

Thanks for your replies!!

Hi Amkorp,
Did you get the issue directly after unpacking the Phantom or after some time using it??

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wkflysaphan4