Motor not working?

Reaction score
Any ideas what's going on? I have the latest firmware.
8160da131ec5ab012fc5bb79880cd4b0.jpg
6312f075fc3a058302c12b834df319ae.jpg

Sent from my iPod touch using PhantomPilots mobile app

You might check the screws on the prop guard mount for that leg, I think some folks have had issues with them extending into the motor, locking it down.

Reactions: Squirrel!
If he ran the Long screws into the motor isn't it damaged anyway?

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

Inquiring minds want to know...

No visible damage the the motor at all, I took out the screws and it still didn't work properly so I ordered a new one yesterday. :)

Sent from my iPod touch using PhantomPilots mobile app

Yeah, you wouldn't see the damage as it is internal to the coils. To avoid that issue in the future, I got these for my prop guards. Easy on/off:
DSCN6415.JPG

When you swap out the motor, you will need to do a top shell removal. I thought I could splice the motor leads without tearing the drone completely down. That just cost me a motor. The tinned leads coming from the motors are actually a continuation of the enameled windings, each strand insulated. They will not take solder properly, or any kind of splice. You will need to remove the silicone sealer at the main board and solder directly to there. Mind your colors.
Have fun! :)

****... :(

Reactions: Pharm
The tinned leads coming from the motors are actually a continuation of the enameled windings, each strand insulated. They will not take solder properly, or any kind of splice. You will need to remove the silicone sealer at the main board and solder directly to there. Mind your colors.
Have fun! :)
Not true. Scrape the coating off the wires and splice away.

DSCN8215.JPG

How did you change it?

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31