Motor issue

Reaction score
I noticed one of my motor bodies was raised or higher then the others. I haven't noticed this before. It flies fine and all. This can't be normal. What do you think would cause this?

Attachments

• 1468165210751.jpg
    1468165210751.jpg
    33.6 KB · Views: 356
  • 1468165224257.jpg
    1468165224257.jpg
    41.5 KB · Views: 352
Reactions: Big Al KY
Hmm... It is loose in any way? Perhaps it needs to be reseated again? I guess wait till the pros get on here and they might tell you. I am off to a family reunion. No flights today as they live 3 miles from the airport:(

Better unscrew it, check the problem, fix it and put all back. You can't take risk with issues in motors.

Reactions: Kiel Allen
Either the mounting screws have loosened or the circlip retaining the inner race bearing on the shaft has come out of the groove. I wouldnt fly it as is. Only a matter of time before you have a major failure. If the shell isnt cracked should be a simple fix.

I pushed on the motor cap and was able to squeeze it back together with a little force. It still feels a little loose. Im wondering if I can just return it to Apple where I bought it for a new one rather then going through DJI.

I pushed on the motor cap and was able to squeeze it back together with a little force. It still feels a little loose. Im wondering if I can just return it to Apple where I bought it for a new one rather then going through DJI.

Is it within Apple's 14day return policy? If so, do it quickly.

Go the apple exchange route if it is an option. I wouldn't fly it.

If your stuck with the DJI return for repair option and feel confident remove the motor and see if it is just the circlip has come off the shaft. An easy fix.

I took the motors loose last night and this clip is not the issue. The clips do not look the same as in the pic above. I couldn't get a picture, because I just loosened them enough to get them off the body of the drone to see if this was the problem. The motor I'm having the issue looked the same as one that was fine.

I can't see in the pics if your prop pin on top sticks out as much as the good motor. If it's not the rotor is not secured properly, I never took one apart but that gap is way to much.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers