motor half power?

Reaction score
I just got my bird back from dji for the 2nd time. The first time was for the no signal problem which seems like they fixed. But when I got it back I updated, cold imu calibration and went flying. Noticed it was drifting alot at hover and was shaking real bad. So I emailed them back and they wanted it sent back in. So I did. Got it back and they said they replaced...

On the Aircraft:
The Main Control Board Module
The Lightbridge Transmitter

On the camera:
The FC300X Camera Main Board.

fireware 1.6

My problem is now the vibration seems ok but it is still drifting, not bad but it use to stay perfectly still while hovering with no wind and now its not. But I did notice Sunday I went to go straight up at full throttle and after 3-4 seconds you can hear the motors cut to half power and it climbs very slow. I use to get to 350 feet in no time and now it takes over a minute to get there. I brought it back down and did it about 8 more times and every time at the 3-4 second mark you can hear the motors cutting to half power. Does anyone know why or is this a new feature I haven't heard about? I could not find anything on it.

I just got my bird back from dji for the 2nd time. The first time was for the no signal problem which seems like they fixed. But when I got it back I updated, cold imu calibration and went flying. Noticed it was drifting alot at hover and was shaking real bad. So I emailed them back and they wanted it sent back in. So I did. Got it back and they said they replaced...

On the Aircraft:

On the camera:

fireware 1.6

My problem is now the vibration seems ok but it is still drifting, not bad but it use to stay perfectly still while hovering with no wind and now its not. But I did notice Sunday I went to go straight up at full throttle and after 3-4 seconds you can hear the motors cut to half power and it climbs very slow. I use to get to 350 feet in no time and now it takes over a minute to get there. I brought it back down and did it about 8 more times and every time at the 3-4 second mark you can hear the motors cutting to half power. Does anyone know why or is this a new feature I haven't heard about? I could not find anything on it.

Not too sure about the motor thing... but on the drifting - do you have VPS on? If you do it could be picking up a pattern on the ground and trying to maintain it's positioning that way - I notice this causes drift if you are close to the ground.

On the Aircraft:

On the camera:

fireware 1.6

While your P3 was out for repair, did you follow all of the threads about reduced vertical speed with 1.6 to help reduce battery shutdowns? Perhaps that is what you see now.

While your P3 was out for repair, did you follow all of the threads about reduced vertical speed with 1.6 to help reduce battery shutdowns? Perhaps that is what you see now.

+1 on this... I am in Florida so temperature is not an issue for me.

Plus it drifts a little but it's not noticeable in the pictures or video. Sounds like your ready to have some fun :)

+1 on this... I am in Florida so temperature is not an issue for me.
So do you notice a speed reduction in fl or no? It was 55 here and I have never heard my motors go down in power like that. My wife heard it first and asked me what the sound difference was..... That tells me something is different being she is not very savvy on any much with my bird.

So do you notice a speed reduction in fl or no? It was 55 here and I have never heard my motors go down in power like that. My wife heard it first and asked me what the sound difference was..... That tells me something is different being she is not very savvy on any much with my bird.

No I never notice it... I assumed it was because the temp here is generally pretty mild. I guess I was assuming you were flying in colder weather.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20