Motor gimble overload

Reaction score
New P3P, downloaded firmware, now Gimble motor overload, all the time. Gimble moves fine when you start up the bird, does it's thing then that warning comes up. Any Ideas? Hasn't had 1 flight yet.

Reactions: Brett_Meyer and Ari
New P3P, downloaded firmware, now Gimble motor overload, all the time. Gimble moves fine when you start up the bird, does it's thing then that warning comes up. Any Ideas? Hasn't had 1 flight yet.
After you down loaded the firm ware, did you do a cold IMU calibration and then a gimbal calibration?

Hmm, I just did a compass setting. The app shows everything normal. I will give that a go.

No luck, did both. See others at other forums having same issue after a Google search.
gimble.jpg

Reactions: Brett_Meyer and Ari
OK I feel stupid. I forgot to remove something. I removed the hard plastic gimble holder and I thought the red warning label was for that. The warning label meant to remove the foam piece it's attached to. Duh!
Warning is gone. *Smacks head*

gimble2.jpg

Reactions: Makawao
Yup-- problem solved:) mine fell off in transit so didn't have to worry about it:D

When using version 1.2.0, "gimbal motor overloaded"

Attachments

• New version.jpg
    New version.jpg
    197.5 KB · Views: 1,049
Using old versian (other smartphone)
That presents the questions, is it the smartphone version or is it a gimbal overload and not detected by the older version.?? IOW, it may the app versions creating an issue, or an issue not being identified by the older version.o_O

Reactions: Ridwan Mandar
That presents the questions, is it the smartphone version or is it a gimbal overload and not detected by the older version.?? IOW, it may the app versions creating an issue, or an issue not being identified by the older version.o_O
This is a new warning as of the latest updates. I'm guessing DJI was receiving a lot of support requests regarding gimbals that weren't moving or frying. Looks like it works.. saved @LordEvil a few hundred bucks.

I am having the same issue just poped up after I download 1.2 app for android I am still running the older firmware after the horror stories I have read ...
This is new since I down loaded the 1.2 app for my advanced

I am having the same issue just poped up after I download 1.2 app for android I am still running the older firmware after the horror stories I have read ...
This is new since I down loaded the 1.2 app for my advanced
Is the gimbal lock on?

Kinda what I was thinking just putting it out there in case others run into this situation

Hi there, new here, been on RCG mainly, have a P3P and also have this same new gimbal overloaded error after the latest app/fw upgrades. Joined here since I have a P3P now.

On mine, no foam, took it out day one. No crashes, always careful with P3P and put the gimbal plastic lock on during transport. Always done the IMU and gimbal calibration with f/w upgrades on a cold P3P. Have always had bad Jello with 4K since day one during regular daylight, so have been shooting 1080p in meantime except at dusk 4K was OK. My gimbal always "buzzed" on first power up and then went quiet when level... so I thought that was normal. I wonder if some of us have had a bad gimbal since day 1, and now they are able to determine with these updates? I'm going to email their support.

Flyin frank says DJI had him remove and reinstall app version 1.2 and it fixed overload error.

Sent from my iPhone 6+ using Tapatalk Pro

Just had this pop up today. Tried cold IMU cal on a level surface & a gimbal cal. I'll post what DJI says to do.

I get a gimbal overload during flight flashes up then goes away. Happens so quick had a hard time reading what it says. ?????

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers