motor damage

Reaction score
Hello !

Ok I crashed my phantom vision 2. 2 blades needed to be replaced as they broke and one came of the motor. that specific motor doesn't function well anymore. It does spin.. but not at full speed and it feels like there is resistance. it also heats up very quickly.

I dis assembled it and there doesn't seem to be any core damage. i notice there is a tiny black "screw" on the top.. that seems to work with a tiny allan key (i don't have one that size). does that play any role? if I tighten it will it make the rotor work better?

thank you !

hi Geert, I don't mean on the very top. I mean towards the top, on the side.

If you look at this link, https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ep2SHipxKy4 at minute 9:30, you will see what I mean.

Also, I did just order new motors but I am in the middle of Africa crossing the continent on a motorbike so it is quite complicated logistically to order, receive and then install. :)

many thanks

geert, thank for the help.. and yes of course I will ! it will be part of my documentary titled Two Wheels Across. facebook.com/twowheelsacross and youtube : twowheelsacross

drone footage is not up yet but will be soon and is AMAZING.. including wildlife.. crazy landscapes.. etc

Have folks had good luck getting replacement motors that are exactly matched, though? I would imagine, even within the same model number, there'll be variation from manufacturing run to manufacturing run. Is there no need to buy (and replace) all 4 at once to ensure you have a matched set of four?

ProfessorStein said:
Have folks had good luck getting replacement motors that are exactly matched, though? I would imagine, even within the same model number, there'll be variation from manufacturing run to manufacturing run. Is there no need to buy (and replace) all 4 at once to ensure you have a matched set of four?
I replaced just one, which I believe I bought from Dave's Motors, and it flys fine. I also replaced one ESC, but get odd sounding beeps when the Phantom initializes. I have heard that this means that the new ESC is looking for the low voltage cutoff to be set. It does fly fine with the new ESC, so I ignore the warning.

dannytroy said:
ProfessorStein said:
I replaced just one, which I believe I bought from Dave's Motors, and it flys fine. I also replaced one ESC, but get odd sounding beeps when the Phantom initializes. I have heard that this means that the new ESC is looking for the low voltage cutoff to be set. It does fly fine with the new ESC, so I ignore the warning.

Getting a bit off topic but my replaced ESC gives extra beeps as well. Not heard of the cut off voltage reason. Any way to fix it, or is it necessary?

Double-D said:
dannytroy said:
ProfessorStein said:

Getting a bit off topic but my replaced ESC gives extra beeps as well. Not heard of the cut off voltage reason. Any way to fix it, or is it necessary?

I haven't found the answer yet on how to program the LV cutoff. I'll contact DJI to get their take on it one of these days, but that will be a crap-shoot at best.

I dont now what is causing the extra beeps cause any time I have gotten them have been when one of the 4 pin cable that goes to the esc's is disconnected or the plugs on the naza being out. Tho in that case it should not be flying right if that is your case.

The small 1.5mm hex set screws in the side of the top threaded shaft on the top of the motors is to hold the inner shaft in to the top of the motor. But the shafts also seem to be press fit in cause even with the set screws out they are real hard to get the shaft to pull out. and if you do get it to pull out any then it sticks out the bottom to much and fits sloppy were the e clip and the bushing washer go on and if you press the shaft back in and get it in to far then the shaft dont stick out far enough for the e clip to be able to go on over the bushing.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj