Motor "click" sound at start up

Reaction score
Hi, I just picked up my P4 today and was doing the preflight motor test (no props on) and heard what sounded like two clicks from the motors right after they started up. They seemed to be fine otherwise. My P3S doesn't do this so I was wondering if it was normal for the P4. Thanks in advance.

Maybe click was the wrong term. It's almost like a skip and it happens after the motors have started turning. I'll post a video of it as soon as the firmware update completes.

The Phantoms give a quick burst of speed twice to the motors upon start up to make sure the props are set right. That is normal....

Thank you so much for the prompt replies. Those two bursts of speed are what cause the skip/click sound but only with the props off. I'm going to assume it's normal for a P4 even though my P3 doesn't make the same sound with the props off. If any of you have a chance to try without the props on, let me know if you notice the same thing. Thanks again.

It isn't good to start your motors without props on. A few times ok, don't try to run them with them off.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20