Motor caps

Reaction score
Trying to track down P4 motor caps that I saw here that somebody 3D printed....HELP!!!![emoji33]

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots mobile app

Thanks.....just ordered mine....a tad expensive @ $28.00 here in oz but well worth it to not tear up my new polarpro back pack

Question: Why do we need motor caps?

Most of the time air with env pollutes is pushed to the motors when phantom is flying, other times it's kept in case.

Question: Why do we need motor caps?

Most of the time air with env pollutes is pushed to the motors when phantom is flying, other times it's kept in case.
When using a backpack, those plastic prop clips will catch on fabric, wearing holes into the fabric, depending on the backpack you buy. Some backpacks don't use snug fit inserts, so the craft can move around more. If you happen to lay the backpack down upside down, or it falls on the lid upside down, motor caps can protect those plastic prop clips from damage also.

I bought the silicon sleeve type, they work great. $6-8. Since the round cup at the top doesn't touch the prop clips, and offers a soft impact if hit, I think these protect better than the type that lock onto the clips.

Reactions: Malakai
Reactions: Erised
I have the 3D ones and they are no good

I got a set from Mike and let me tell you... they are REALLY good. It covers the quick release mechanism, they wont fall off because they actually engage and the quality is top. Thanks Mike, another top quality great product. :)

PS: I have a set of silicon sleeves... they are crap to me.

frands1, I'm happy to hear you like them. Thank you for sharing :)

Which 3D caps did you try?
I have the motocap red 3D printed ones, two seem ok, but the other two I think I nearly broke the motor off trying to push and twist them on. To much brain damage to call and argue about a 14.98 dollar part / parts

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

I have the motocap red 3D printed ones, two seem ok, but the other two I think I nearly broke the motor off trying to push and twist them on
You should get a set of my motor caps. They fit perfectly.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj