Motor caps (without props)

Reaction score
is there something out there that clips onto the motors and protects the motors??? Planning on putting V2+ in backpack, thought the motors should be protected.

thx

John

I'm concerned the things you screw the props onto are going to get caught on something as i try to put it in/take it out of the backpack. (Yes, I know i can spend $200 on a specially made phantom backpack).

Thuis is actually not a bad idea.

There can be all kinds of things 'floating' around in a backpack not to mention the 'great outdoors'.

It would be Iron or ferrous materials that pose the biggest risk as they would be attracted into the motors as opposed to other foreign materials that might find just their way into the motor with the help of Murphy (Murphy's Law :lol: ).

But if it is only used for the a/c and you keep it clean (easy enough to do by shaking it out occasionally) you should be OK.

However... any kind of protection would do... children's sock on each arm???

Oh, I see you're worried about the threads on the shaft... nevermind. :lol:

Well, now i'm worried about the potential for crap in the backpack to get in the motors!!!! But seriously, there has to be something out there, it can be good to have lateral pressure on the motor screws. Am also interested in finding something to cover the skids and camera.

johnbrowning said:
is there something out there that clips onto the motors and protects the motors??? Planning on putting V2+ in backpack, thought the motors should be protected.

thx

John

I have seen folk use those small measures that come on the top of medicine bottles,
you know cough mixture type of thing

To protect threads when I transport, I use broken props. I sawed off all but half an inch of each arm.

Use sandwich bags and rubberbands.

Why use sandwich bags when you can get auto vacum line caps to fit over the threads for a couple of bucks ?

These are new from UAV Bits
power ball white 02_resize.JPG

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wkflysaphan4