Motor Balancing

Reaction score
Is there an easy way of isolating each motor,without desoldering,to enable me to balance each motor individually.
I am trying to eliminate a very small high frequency vibration or jello on the video which although barely perceptible is still annoying.Balanced the props but motors also need balancing - imo.
Many thanks Lads
Ray

If anything really needs balanced it would be the props in my opinion. And they are easily isolated and balanced (see youtube videos on prop balancing). I can't imagine how you would even go about balancing a motor.

To reduce jello, I would first look at your vibration dampers, but maybe you have already done that.

Hi Geert

Thanks for the reply- interesting approach I think it is probably easier than my method of mounting a mobile phone with a vibration app to each arm and checking it dynamically.
What sort of results do you achieve using your sort of static method?

Good response and video Geert. It looks like motor balancing may be almost as easy as prop balancing. I would still advocate prop balancing first (only because it is more likely that the plastic props will go out of balance more commonly and more quickly). I'm still going to go out and buy that Home Depot center punch just to have the shaft available for future use.

--- edit ---

I stopped by Home Depot this morning on the way to work to find the auto center punch, and they did not have it. After I left the store I got online and looked for it on there website and they didn't show the referenced part number (210-2202). They did show a 210-2201 Procise auto center punch online, but it didn't look anything at all like the one in the video. So I'm going to keep looking, but I think the better solution may be to make one's own (not a simple task for some).

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shimuafeni fredrik