Motor and Light not working

Reaction score
Hello - I had to replace the shell on my Phantom 2 Vision recently. Everything went fine - I was able to fly after the shell replacement - did an Advanced Calibration and all worked fine. Flew through 2 batteries and not a problem.

Today I fired up the Phantom and only 3 propellers were spinning. I also noticed the red light on that arm was not lighting up. I took the top shell off and inspected the inside - no loose wires ....No damage - everything looks good.

Any ideas on where to check next ? All cables are connected - all solder joints seem great .....

Thanks for any tips in advance.

Jason Kinley
Fairborn, Ohio

Bump - Has anyone replaced one of the circuit boards in the ARM .... could they go bad and cause no power to the Lights or Propellers ? Any advice appreciated ....not sure if I should send in for repair - or first try to replace one of those circuits.

Jason

Those boards in the arm are called the ESC's, and they can indeed go bad which would cause the LED's and the motor in that arm to not work. Since you've already done a visual check of the connections and solder joints, that's probably the next thing to look at. The part is cheap and if you can solder then replacing one is easy.

Thanks for the feedback ....I have ordered one for $19 USC on Ebay ......it will arrive Friday. I will give a report.

Jason

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Spicehub