Motor alignment

Reaction score
I've asked this question before, but I'll ask it again to see if I can get a response this time. I put prop guards on my drone a couple of months back. They are the removable kind, since I don't like using them unless there are people or trees or stuff like that around. While installing them, I noticed the motors sit at all different angles in the support arms. I guess the best way to explain it is they aren't all at a 90 deg angle to the ground. Is this a design element built into the phantom? I'm not about to take it apart and see. I've already had to replace the gimbal/camera, so I'm not up for creating anymore problems. I'm used to truck engine size bolts, and these things don't have truck engine bolts....:p

It's designed that way. You can search the Internet in this and see photos of other P3s that look the same.
I have. Some do, and some don't. Just as long as somebody says its supposed to be that way. Hasn't stopped me from flying it though.

I figured it had something to do with prop wash, but I'm a novice at quads, and you cant learn without asking. Thanks

I think it has to do with stability. Like setting the toe in on your car slightly in so the wheel self centers.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl