Moter wiggles slightly

Reaction score
I dont see any stress cracks. I realy dont want to send it away. I bought it secondhand. Is it ok to fly? What do I do?

Update:
They all seem to do it. I don't think it's the moters, it looks like the end of the arm is bending slightly. I don't want to make it worse or do anything else to it putting the propellers on and taking them off.

Last edited:
If the motor is wiggling, either the motor screws are loose or the shell is cracked.

Assuming you mean the arms and not the motors, the arms do flex a bit. Ideally they shouldn't but it is inevitable.
Motors themselves shouldn't wiggle as in play in the bearings or loose mount screws.
Check that all screws are snug. Don't overtighten or you could get stress cracks.

Did you sort the problem, Tyson?
Well, I haven't done anything about it. Seems to be fine and haven't got any worse. I think it might just be normal or my imagination. This may be a stupid question but if I get stress cracks, do I need a warranty to send it off to DJI to get repaired? I'm worried about getting them.

Thanks.

Well, I haven't done anything about it. Seems to be fine and haven't got any worse. I think it might just be normal or my imagination. This may be a stupid question but if I get stress cracks, do I need a warranty to send it off to DJI to get repaired? I'm worried about getting them.

Thanks.
How many flights have you had with the P3? Any idea how many it's had in total? I ask, because if there's no signs of cracking now, it's unlikely you'll get them. I purchased mine brand new, found this website, saw the "cracking horror stories" so I removed and reset all the screws in case they'd been over torqued and indeed, some were more difficult to remove than others.
I don't think you'll get any form of warranty that would cover cracking though, but in any event Tyson, I'd stop worrying.

How many flights have you had with the P3? Any idea how many it's had in total? I ask, because if there's no signs of cracking now, it's unlikely you'll get them. I purchased mine brand new, found this website, saw the "cracking horror stories" so I removed and reset all the screws in case they'd been over torqued and indeed, some were more difficult to remove than others.
I don't think you'll get any form of warranty that would cover cracking though, but in any event Tyson, I'd stop worrying.
Oh, okay. Thanks!

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shimuafeni fredrik