Most portable antenna/booster setups

Reaction score
There are a lot of antenna threads out there but I started this one figuring that most of the users on here are like me and want a very portable set up. I have seen a lot of very impressive results from users who have a pole supporting an antenna and a really impressive ground station setup. My goal (and I'm sure the goal of many others) is to add an antenna to my range extender as well as my camera to increase my FPV while still being able to keep the antenna set up in the same case as my phantom and keep my set up as portable as possible.

Right now I have a single 9dbi antenna on my range extender with everything else stock. My goal is also to try to keep the antennas that I add to the camera within my landing skids so that the Phantom will still fit in the case without removing them. Personally, I also have to wait until I receive my Rotorpixel Gimbal to check the clearances for where I can mount the antennas.

Right now with my single antenna set up I am getting a reliable 2200 to 2600' with FPV. Beyond that anything below 100 feet in altitude and my picture gets very glitchy. Above 200' altitude I can take it out to around 3500 feet but it gets very glitchy.

For those who have tried multiple antenna set ups, please help us benefit from your trial and error. What works? What doesn't work well? What was a waste of money?

Again, please keep this thread to setups that will remain very portable yet deliver good results. I think points should be given for clean installs/OEM look too! :)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shimuafeni fredrik