most common causes to crash or break P2V

Reaction score
Hi folks,

I am new to Quadcopers. Just want to know what are the most common causes to crash or break a Quadcoper. So I can be warned. Thanks a lot!

eexucc said:
Hi folks,

I am new to Quadcopers. Just want to know what are the most common causes to crash or break a Quadcoper. So I can be warned. Thanks a lot!

Loss of orientation - from more than about 200ft away (distance or altitude) it can be very difficult to tell which way the quad is pointing.

The Editor said:
eexucc said:
Hi folks,

Loss of orientation - from more than about 200ft away (distance or altitude) it can be very difficult to tell which way the quad is pointing.

+1 on Lack of orientation. If you have no experience in RC helis or other planes and you let your quad get out to the limit of your visual range you stand a very good chance of giving it incorrect direction inputs and sending it further away.

I have maybe 10 hours of flying the P2 at this point. I've also bought a few micro quads to practice with indoors as well as a small helicopter (which unlike the P2 requires you fly it continuously or it crashes).

The nice thing about the phantom is is you get confused, just take your fingers off the sticks. Unless you have sent it hurdling towards the ground of some other object it will quickly come to a hover. Then you can slowly give it inputs from the right stick to figure out the orientation. I suggest you spend several hours just hovering, learning to "fly the box" and then learn to fly in a circle (fwd thrust, left or right aileron).

I've just gotten to the point where I feel secure sending the Phantom several hundred feet in the air to take photos. I can just barely make out the shape, but even in direct Florida sunlight I can see the Red and Green LEDs so I know front from back. And I still sometimes confuse left and right stick inputs. Its a practice, practice practice kind of deal.

Flying too close to trees.

Hard landings in windy conditions - better to hover and pull out of the sky by hand.

Not switching off Tx when you have lost WiFi and have no idea where your Bird is (assuming you have a P2V and you set Home successfully).

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31