More than four motors?

Reaction score
Hi, I'm new to the site, but have been flying for a while now. So I have a Phantom 1.1.1 with the Naza V2. I opened up the case because I'm planning on putting it in a bigger chassis, and noticed that the V2 has plug ins for six motors. Is there a way to add the two extra motors without changing the main IC board? I'm perfectly happy with using stock motors and ESCs. Any info you can provide would greatly appreciated.

Naza V2 can be configured for 4 or 6 or 8 motors. Just hook up to a computer and run Naza Assistant software.

Yes, but can you add the motors with the existing Phantom circuitry.

yes

The main board in a P1 serves only 2 purposes:
- power distribution
- power regulator to convert 12V to 5.5V for the Naza module
Power distribution means it just connects all the power and ground wires together. You don't need a circuit board for this; it just makes it easier.
You can wire in the power and ground connections for the extra motors any way that you'd like.

Thanks! I thought that might be the case, but was concerned that I might cause issues with whichever ESCs power source I tapped into. I have a friend with a 3D printer making me a custom hex frame, specifically made for aerial photography. Project Phantom6, in the works.

Hey Macdoogle,
WELCOME TO THE PARTY

I sure hope you keep us posted on "Project Phantom6".
I don't know much about 3D printers. Maybe your buddy should build 2 while he's at it.
What would the second one cost? :D

Adding motors to the P1 guts on a bigger/better frame sounds really cool.

I'll be watching from the edge of my seat to see what develops.

Well I suppose I can start up a new thread for it. I have to figure out how to attach pics and stuff. My buddy with the 3D printer hasn't ever charged me anything for his creations. I sort of give him free reign over the design and he has fun making the stuff. He gets a kick out of the design part. I guess im pretty blessed with tech savvy friends.

Test

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByTapatalk1426030198.847846.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1426030198.847846.jpg
    353.1 KB · Views: 365

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jody.paugh@fullerandsons.