More iOS 9.0 funnies!

Reaction score
Flew one battery this afternoon in a single continuous flight. My flight record in the DJI app has recorded 2 flights with the second flight not starting from the home point! Only one takeoff and one landing! Very strange! Anyone had similar experience?

Reactions: Brian Wilmot
Apple released a new iOS 9.0.1 this morning...

Is it better now? ;-)

I think I'm going to be sick...

RedHotPoker

Reactions: Brian Wilmot

Is it better now? ;-)

RedHotPoker
Very good question! Would like one of our many brave folk on this forum to have a stab at answering that!

I haven't flown outdoors for real yet, but just tried the SIM for a few passes of the neighborhood. Everything seems in order. I even left the rotor blades on, while in the SIM. I kept one hand on the landing gear... ;-)

All the fun, and video to prove it. Hahaha

RedHotPoker

Loaded iOS 9.01 and it does nothing ZILCH to solve the flight records replay in DJI GO! Useless!

Is it better now? ;-)

RedHotPoker
It's clearly an issue on DJI's end in my opinion. I've been using iOS9 since Beta 1 with my Phantom 3P and I've had no issues until the last app update. My only issues are decreased range and video lag fortunately. Didn't DJI come out and say they're still working on getting it compatible with iOS9?

It's clearly an issue on DJI's end in my opinion. I've been using iOS9 since Beta 1 with my Phantom 3P and I've had no issues until the last app update. My only issues are decreased range and video lag fortunately. Didn't DJI come out and say they're still working on getting it compatible with iOS9?
Beginning to think the buck rests with DJI. Let's hope their promised new update addresses all these issues, notwithstanding yours are more important than properly working flight records.

Yes!

Sent from my PT beating heart

Yes, it's the app. And their usual time frame for fixes seems to be 4-6 weeks. So hunker down for the long haul........................

Yes, it's the app. And their usual time frame for fixes seems to be 4-6 weeks. So hunker down for the long haul........................
So a crash and a software wait might put us till spring.... Just in time for flying season. Thanks DJI

Is it better now? ;-)

RedHotPoker
I don't know what to do now this ios 9.0.1 is driving me mad been told by dji is safe then its not
don't know who to belive now ???????????????????
its time dji got there fingers out to fix this app

EDIT: With the release of iOS 9.02 on September 30, Apple stopped signing off on iOS 8.4.1. Users can no longer upgrade or downgrade to those versions of iOS using iTunes.

Rather than wait, I just went back to 8.4.1 on my Air 2. Apple is still signing off on 8.4.1, so it was very simple to do and took only perhaps 5 minutes once the ipsw file was downloaded. If you want to do it, you should do it soon however. It wont be long before Apple stops signing off on 8.4.1, so you will then be locked in to 9.0 or 9.01.

Last edited:
Where and how can I obtain the relevant file to revert to iOS 8.4.1 I did not use iTunes as a backup but iCloud. Help much appreciated.

Where and how can I obtain the relevant file to revert to iOS 8.4.1 I did not use iTunes as a backup but iCloud. Help much appreciated.

EDIT: With the release of iOS 9.02 on September 30, Apple stopped signing off on iOS 8.4.1. Users can no longer upgrade or downgrade to those versions of iOS using iTunes.

Read this entire post before just clicking the links and starting.

The downgrade is relatively easy, but if you have no idea what you are doing around Apple devices or computers, then with respect it's probably best to just wait a few weeks for iOS 9.1 and the new GO app. Hopefully they play well together for most people.

To downgrade from 9.0 or 9.01, you need a copy of the Apple operating system. It's an ipsw file. I got mine here because I wanted 8.4.1. Note that some computers might show the downloaded file as a zip file. If yours does, don't unzip it. Just change your folder settings to show file extensions if they are not showing already, and then change the extension from .zip to .ipsw
Download iOS 8.4.1 Final For iPhone, iPad, iPod touch [IPSW Links] | Redmond Pie

Just scroll down and use the link for your device. The ipsw file (iOS) is large file, so it will take a long time to download. Do not try to download the file to your mobile device. Download to a computer desktop or laptop.

Note: most people will have previously backed up their device on 8.4.1 before they upgraded to 9.0. If you did not previously back up while on 8.4.1, the downgrade might work more smoothly for you (less chance of app or data loss) if you instead downloaded the ipsw file that matches the iOS you were on when you last did a backup. That way it's easier to restore if you need to restore once you downgrade from 9.0. You can't restore from a backup done on a newer iOS to a device with an older iOS which you will have once you downgrade from 9.0 to something else. If you do not already have a backup done on 8.4.1, do a google search for the ipsw (iOS) version you need to match your latest backup. Using an iOS older than 8.4.1 only works if you have a jail broken device since Apple currently only signs off on 8.4.1 and later. Non jail broken devices can still downgrade to 8.4.1 but nothing older.

Once you have the ipsw file that matches your latest backup, follow directions from here. There are always risks, so I recommend this site because it mentions the warnings that other sites don't always mention.
How to Downgrade from iOS 9 Back to iOS 8.4.1 | OSXDaily

It is very fast after the large ipsw file downloads. Of course, things are different for everyone so be careful okay.

Last note: this only works as long as Apple continues to sign off on 8.4.1. That is the oldest they currently sign off on, and they can stop signing off on it at any time in the next couple of weeks. After they stop signing off on 8.4.1, you won't be able to downgrade from 9.0 or 9.01 unless you have a jail broken device.

Last edited:
Thanks guys for the info. I have decided Not to revert to 8.4.1 since I had to renew subs to other apps when I moved to IOS 9.0 and then 9.1 again.

Since the only apparent issues I have faced are to do with flight records, I shall await the new release of DJI GO and, hopefully, IOS 9.1 whose beta seems quite ok from all accounts.

However, I shall limit my flying to very local flights and will postpone an aerial survey I was planning to do of an ancient monument since this requires a certain level of confidence beyond what we have at this moment. Thanks anyway for your help in reverting to 8.4.1.

Flew 6 batteries this evening with mini 4 iOS 9.0.1 and same iOS on iPad Air. All was fine for flying and no lag time. The funky flight log issues are not happening yet; but I would fly anyway. The harvest and sunset were two gorgeous to pass up. Nothing more beautiful than a big IH red tractor running beans with the golden sun behind it...and the timelapse was to die for!

Sent from my PT beating heart

Reactions: Oso

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
adrie