More headaches with iosd mini attached

Reaction score
P2 gopro hero 3+ black ZM gimbal iosd mini fpv hub

So now that I have the iosd mini attached and working, why am I not ready to fly?
Monitor on. Camera on. Bird on.
Monitor receiving data and video just fine.
Transmitter is set to HL and gps on.
As the bird comes to life, I get the usual hello.
Then a couple of flashes of red and green lights then solid orange on two lights, other two, off.
Why?
How do I fix this problem?

Ozzyguy said:
Sounds like you may need to just do a compass calibration.

Nowhere in the NAZA or P2 documentation is a solid orange with the other LEDs off described.

What facts do you base your WAG upon?

That fact that this is exactly the light that tells you to do it on a Phantom 1. So as it takes 30 sec to do I figured i's worth a try.
Do you have a better solution to offer? If so Suwanee could use your help and not mine.

Attachments

• DS.JPG
    DS.JPG
    38.1 KB · Views: 490
  • DS2.JPG
    DS2.JPG
    20.6 KB · Views: 400
Ozzyguy said:
View this

Still flailing.

OP : "As the bird comes to life, I get the usual hello.
Then a couple of flashes of red and green lights then solid orange on two lights, other two, off."

The only way for the OP to see solid orange would be if he started up and then flicked S1 five times to enter compass calibration mode.

If he did that and did not calibrate, the Phantom would start normally the next time he started and there would be no solid orange.

"That fact that this is exactly the light that tells you to do it on a Phantom 1." So you've abandoned this bit of nonsense, right?

Im just here offering what help i can. Until someone can offer some better advice. So far im the only one to offer any assistance. Enjoy the company of the other fools in my foe list.

Ozzyguy said:
Im just here offering what help i can. Until someone can offer some better advice. So far im the only one to offer any assistance. Enjoy the company of the other fools in my foe list.

Your "help," while it may be well intended, is not helpful since it's just a wild *** guess that is not based upon any facts.

Your "assistance" isn't helpful - even though you may think it is.

Ozzyguy said:
Thank you MrC for trying to also help with this problem. Troll are a complete waste of everyone's time.

So "troll" in your world is someone who shares facts(me) and points out that you don't know what the hell you're going on about(you).

Thanks for the clarification. That explains your wonky posts.

Ok people, quit the stupid arrogant nitpickin.
I say orange because they appear that way to me.
Ozzyguy's solution proved to correct the problem.
And if you look on the card on the controller, they are shown as orange, not yellow.
Once the compass was reset, all four lights came back on as they should be.

DJI should take note that compass calibration is NOT that critical if you're going to change flying fields within only a few miles.
Probably should not have to do it within a 100 miles.
As Colin stated in one video, with the phantom 1, you should reset when changing time zones.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20