More Fun From Our Friends at the FAA

I don't really understand the article. FAA is looking into the video which is just on YouTube... He did nothing wrong in the eyes of what the FAA has said was a problem. Nor does it say he was contacted by the FAA. Seems to me like someone is just trying to bait the FAA to do something about it.

I'm so confused about the whole thing and what the purpose of the article was. :?: :?: :?:

The way I read it, the FAA is aware of the situation and they are looking into it. I think the headline is over the top, but I am not surprised by this. I posted another thread with an interesting interpretation of the Pirker case that relates to these types of operations as well.

http://www.suasnews.com/2014/04/28884/d ... t-systems/

Bottom line is the FAA appears to be moving forward unabated and I think they intend to make life miserable for anyone who is even remotely appearing to be doing anything for a commercial use. It does not matter if you charge money for it or not, if the images are used in any kind of commercial manner, the FAA is going to be unhappy.

SilentAV8R said:
I think the headline is over the top

That's what I thought also. Still seems like the media has created a mountain out of a mole hill. Sort of putting the cart before the horse.

The FAA needs to spend more time looking for missing passenger jets than worrying about this in my opinion!

tedw123 said:
The FAA needs to spend more time looking for missing passenger jets than worrying about this in my opinion!

The FAA doesn't look for missing PAX jets but maybe they should. Maybe they should really ask themselves why they care so much about a
1.3kg object while they're perfectly fine with camera helicopters flat out 20ft over residential rooftops flying like they're having a Vietnam war flashback.

Courtesy of the crappiest film franchise ever, Too Stupid Too Often (some call it Too Fast Too Furious), these helicopters have been scaring the crap out of DTLA residents for three days and nights. They even had an FAA rep on location to sanction the egregious abuse of residential safety. Yet a little Phantom has them all worked up!

fastandstupid-1m.jpg

Its just another creative way to spend our tax dollars. Instead of wasting time pursuing things like this they need to hurry up and write those d@#$@# regulations!

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31