Montgomery county pa

Reaction score
Hey everyone I'm Drew.. I'm from the Pottstown area.. New to the uav scene I'm in the process now off switching from helis's over to uav and so far I'm hooked on my p3pro.. Anyone else in the surrounding area? I've been looking for some new spots to fly and do some video shooting.. I fly at local park but I'm already getting bored of the same spot (how many vids can u take of the same area lol).. If anyone else is interested in meeting up and flying let me know. Thanks and happy flying

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

Reactions: BobPA
Drew, grew up I Montgomery Co, still have Family in Lansdale area and will bring my bird when I visit. Green Lane Park would be one of the areas I would fly(Shame Valley Forge is off limits). Then Upper Bucks/Delaware Canal. Will drop a line when I am up that way!

Drew, grew up I Montgomery Co, still have Family in Lansdale area and will bring my bird when I visit. Green Lane Park would be one of the areas I would fly(Shame Valley Forge is off limits). Then Upper Bucks/Delaware Canal. Will drop a line when I am up that way!

I'm like 10mins from green lane but I'm pretty sure that's a no go as well but I'm gonna email the ranger station and ask worst they can say is no.. I actually do some photography on the side as hobby as well and I always shot my photos there at the old steel bridge it's such a awesome back drop with the falls in the background.. Let me know anytime your in the area would be great to meet up

checked Green Lane Park on B4UFly only 5 or 6 airports to check with before flying! Should have known about Butter Valley, used to be one of my favorite golf places(not now that it stops me from flying!

I wouldn't trust b4ufly at all it says I have a Heli pad a block from my house and the nearest one is Pottstown hospital.. I've read nothing but bad reviews on that page/app.. And butter valley won't stop u from flying they don't even have a tower lol I golf there more then any place local I consider that my home course lol I've already spoken to them about flying but if u check the pa park site there are only 5 state parks u can fly in n the closet to me is beltzville and it's about an hour and half away..

Haha defiantly miss read the link on it.. I'm dummy well now I'm defiantly heading there the next warm day.. I actually just looked at the county parks so I have a few more options local to but u just made my day even though I feel dumb not knowing my parks lol

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots mobile app

Yea, it is only 70 here! (had to do that, since I made your day)

It's been warming up here lately got almost a hr of flight time in yesterday but every afternoon the wind picks up lol it's looking like after this weekend it should start warm up.. But then of course it'll b back to work time then n no free time I work in the excavation field so I usually take lay off for the winters

Gsweig : wanted to give u a update on the green lane thing. Figured since it was 40 n sunny n low wind I would go and run out my 3 batts n get some good footage of my favorite spot lol well on my way there (even though it's 10mins away) figured I'd call ahead and got bad news. According to the lady at the ranger station we can not fly there, so I asked if she had some documentation stating so and she said not really and gave me the number to Montgomery county parks department.. I called them and the lady there said she had know idea why we couldn't fly there and knew of no ordinance saying we couldn't BUT she did say till someone returns my call with a definitive answer I should probably hold off.. She did say that they have been working on new rules in general and she didn't know if that was included.. So I was kinda bummed but I did go to Douglas Montgomery and ask them and they have new rules other the faa guidelines so I did get to fly out my packs.. I really hope the parks department gets back to me cause I'd also like to go to lock 60 which I realized is a county park also n there's some cool stuff besides just the lock, the falls are there as well...

Ok just got off the phone with the parks department and we are 100% aloud to fly at all county parks [emoji106].. The lady I spoke to was misinformed kinda stoked now

want a picture

Finally got some time to go to green lane and fly a bit.. Here's some unedited footage other then crappy background music I need to add to my music files lol... Hopefully it's nice 48 degrees on Saturday here in pennsyltucky lol I plan to get some way better shots.. Here's the link to my YouTube

Forget that you guys don't have leaves on trees! Thanks I enjoyed the video. If you go to the video/photo forums there is a guy there that has site you can get music.

There still calling for snow here Sunday lol n thanx

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

Hi this is Tim from Sky-Linx Aerial. I see that you're in the Bucks County area, and I'm looking for aerial photography by local artists to feature in a small gallery at Indian Valley Country Club. If you're interested please message me back, or email [email protected]

Look forward to hearing from you, your video at Green Lane was fun! I'm from the area and go there for hikes often.

Thanks,
Tim

New member here - I've found a great place to fly in Warrington. It's a large park, and both times I've been there, no other people were there. It's Bradford Reservoir Recreation Center, off County Line Road. The entrance is easy to miss, as it's not marked.
Today I did my first FPV flight using Zeiss VR One googles and Litchi app. Video here:

Just moved to Bucks County from Savannah, GA. Spent the last 7 years in the Army. Just became Part 107 certified and starting up a business. Looking to network and possibly fly in the area! I also have a youtube channel: www.youtube.com/dpirch531 if you want to see some of my videos!

-Dan

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj