Monitor

Reaction score
considering going with the DJI AVL 58, OISD Mini, with FPV hub, looking at the Black Pearl 7 inch monitor,
should i go with the 8 or 32 channel, and is there a better choice of monitor?

you're better off asking about FPV in the actual FPV forum, much more specific info there than in here... anyway

there is a completely better choice of setup. The AVL58 is widely regarded around here as the worst of the 3 major options (ImmersionRC, Boscam, or AVL58) as the AVL58 itself is physically heavier, draws more power but outputs less, all of which yields to less flight time for less FPV performance. Also the hub adds weight and the cables aren't long enough for clean, internal install. You were planning on doing an internal iOSD Mini install, yes? you really should it's too easy not to.

You're better off going with either an ImmersionRC 600mW, or Boscam transmitter (TS352 or TS353) ... both of which have plug-and-play cables that perform the same function as the DJI FPV hub (which only works with AVL58) but much simpler and lighter.

I'd suggest you take a look at this stickythread in the FPV forum, it's got links to all the components you need, the plug and play cables I mentioned (different ones for IRC vs Boscam), and maybe even a few items you haven't thought of (like the display mount): viewtopic.php?f=34&t=26413

as for your question about monitor: If you go with the ImmersionRC 600mW transmitter, you'll want the 8 channel Black Pearl: many folks on this site have posted about strange issues with the 32 channel.
Alternately, the RX-LCD5802 display is cheaper, and still a 32 channel so it works with either transmitter family and again many people around here have posted saying it works perfectly fine with the IRC transmitters. I know it works great with Boscam.

definitely consider some good antennas, as really the quality of the antennas you use can affect your FPV performance more than just the transmitter power. shitty cheap antennas on a 600mW will perform way worse than premium antennas on a 400mW for example.

hope this helps!

I needed a bigger monitor due to my eye sight, but also was thinking ahead for possible upgrade to Lightbridge or similar if such a thing and got the 10" Lumineir HD LCD LED backlight and for now using Boscam 832 TX/RC. It has HDMI input so I often plug the gopro directly into it to view a playback, and the HD playback is awesome. Upgrading to HD will be nice for then details are visible such as power lines from a safe distance. But drawback is weight, and need an external battery. The Boscam RC powers off the monitor.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31