Momentary "GPS Position NoMatch" message in controller log - what is it?

Reaction score
Reviewing today's flights on PhantomHelp site I noticed one of my flights had a message:

"GPS Position NoMatch"

Lasted for about half a second. GPS sats steady at 18.

Anyone know what causes this message?

I almost lot my drone as have others with this message. I put my log up days ago and no response, not even from @msinger

This post I assume? > Lost GPS Craziness since Firmware Upgrade

Crazy flight, glad you got her back. Did you open a ticket with DJI yet? definitely concerning. I'd go directly to the source and post this on the DJI forum.

Mine was just a momentary blip on a single flight (Phantom Log Viewer - PhantomHelp.com), definitely not comparable to yours. Going to read the FC logs and see what I get.

This post I assume? > Lost GPS Craziness since Firmware Upgrade

Crazy flight, glad you got her back. Did you open a ticket with DJI yet? definitely concerning. I'd go directly to the source and post this on the DJI forum.

Mine was just a momentary blip on a single flight (Phantom Log Viewer - PhantomHelp.com), definitely not comparable to yours. Going to read the FC logs and see what I get.
My experience with DJI on anything is equal to root canal surgery...by the way as you can see in log, I had 19 sats when I got the NOMATCH error. There is another post somewhere where they person barely made it back I think England

I have also seen this in the log, worst case maybe 10-15 such messages in a row, but as far as I can tell it didn't affect flight operation. I would like to know what it means though. I have done a search on forums and Google but have come up with nothing.

I have also seen this in the log, worst case maybe 10-15 such messages in a row, but as far as I can tell it didn't affect flight operation. I would like to know what it means though. I have done a search on forums and Google but have come up with nothing.

Yea, my dinky flight was quite uneventful (was testing my camera feed). Wouldn't of noticed it if I didn't review my logs out of habit this evening. I'm wondering if this is something the app spits out, where as the FC doesn't even register this as an issue.

I'll take a WAG and maybe it has something to do with high speed winds slapping the drone around to where the GPS logging data gets confused and doesn't match the prior GPS data stream? The event occurs with about 5 of the NoMatch errors in a row along with high speed both so there must be some connection. Just my WAG though and maybe nothing too.

I almost lot my drone as have others with this message. I put my log up days ago and no response, not even from @msinger
I don't know what it means. I've seen that message in my logs too.

Well, I found this GPS anomaly in my FC DAT file as well -- it's matching the time stamp from the RC log to the milisecond. So definitely not app related.

Mine lasted 900ms (exactly)

Label: nonGPSCause : 4 (nominal is 0).
Label: nonGPSCause:String : "GPS_POSITION_NONMATCH" (nominal is blank).

As far as I can tell all the logged telemetry before and after is relatively the same. A strong gust of wind (as previously suggested) would change the speed/load distribution on my motors no? I don't see any significant spikes/shifts in any of my motors during this time frame.

In conclusion; I too have no clue. I.E. Going to ask on the official forum...

Side note: Holy crap, amazing how much telemetry data this thing logs.

Has anyone actually seen the drone do anything weird as a result of this?

Well I just checked the 2 problematic (unexplained) P4P flights that I've bookmarked previously:

www.phantompilots.com/threads/lost-signal-phantam-4-pro-lost.100049/
Phantom Log Viewer - PhantomHelp.com

Worst flight ever with p4p I'm still shaking, no control but got it landed
Phantom Log Viewer - PhantomHelp.com

Both logged this message.

Than we have bkusner's flight in the replies above.

Could be all coincidence -- I'm hoping it's a nuisance message. Link to my DJI forum post > here < hoping I'll get a DJI rep to reply.

Last edited:
The only weird I saw was the drone on the map was showing up blocks from where it was. I was one block away with visual. What came to mind was the thread I read I think it's the one titled worst flight ever where the guy had to fight his way back. After a quick burst of panic I realized I wasn't in for a fight and visually brought it back. My concern is what if your in a different situation further away etc. I had no wind and was only about 150-200 feet also testing my camera so I was flying back and fourth down the same street a block away. Definitely hope we get to the bottom of this. Seems to be happening more and more.

It does appear in those other incidents as well but we don't know if it contributed to the control problems they experienced. And from this report we can see that you may still have full control when you get the error. Hopefully DJI can shed some light on it.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wkflysaphan4