Mods to increase wifi range?

Reaction score
Now that I'm finally able to play with FPV (thanks jdot!) I'm running into range limitations - my video cuts out around 400m away or so. Now, I've read back on this forum and there are threads about the sort of thing I'm after, but all the various links are to removed ebay listings.

So, these days, how does one go about wringing more distance out of one of these setups?

Look up FVPLR Tony sells antennas & boost kits. That will give your controller the range you need & will also let you fly lower & safer. For your drone look up FVP Customs. He sells a Drone mod that lets you strap no external batteries on your drone. I get with my P-4 33,000 feet one way !!!!!!!!!!!! CRAZY

Naaaa been there with him . DBS, itelite or whoever's has always beat his with mine .
And we aren't talking about no P4 we talking about P2V 'S .
I've tried em and you see what I use and I am not affiliated with them I just use what works best for me .

Can you share more detail? Like an item number or something? I'm having trouble getting there from googling.

Just what are you wanting and I will try and help you .
If it's on those antennas I had Tonys stage 3 set up on Mia then after much testing found without doing birdside antennas the panel gave me the best distance . I had to go to high for Tonys to be any good for me .I have tried all of em too . Ask Jerry. He has been with me the whole way .
Now if your wanting the item # of what I use we have a vender here or DBS's site . I take you have a RE700 already on yours .

I have a bone stock P2V. I can get roughly 400m of range before I lose video. I am looking to stretch that to 1km or so by whatever means are relatively inexpensive.

You need to get a RE700 first then go from there . Is what we all did when we first got P2V'S . That really gets you a jump then you add from there .You are not gonna get so much as the 2.4 antenna panels are in the sides of the FC200 camera . Now when I fly for distance being I rebuilt this last time with the bird stock I fly sideways to get the most distance .
All that you can do is really decide what you want to get then go from there .

You need to get a RE700 first then go from there . Is what we all did when we first got P2V'S . That really gets you a jump then you add from there .You are not gonna get so much as the 2.4 antenna panels are in the sides of the FC200 camera . Now when I fly for distance being I rebuilt this last time with the bird stock I fly sideways to get the most distance .
All that you can do is really decide what you want to get then go from there .
Hi just curios is PV2,S Before phantom 3 and 4

Sorry bout that buddy :)
But hey.. you live in a beautiful place . I got trees and mud .

Sorry bout that buddy :)
But hey.. you live in a beautiful place . I got trees and mud .
I dont mind a bit of mud but this country windy,,,,i still try fly everyday gales yestaday peeked at 150kph ,,only just carming down,,,happy flyin:cool:

Reactions: dirkclod
So if Tony's FPVLR antenna & booster out to 30,600 feet What range are you getting ??
I looked at the DBS site & saw the 10 mile run. NOT WITH STOCK DRONE BATTERIES .
They show there drone with the mod & the getto cruising knobs but there is no info on those items. Trust me 22,000 feet with the P-4P battery is maxed out. So long range antennas
( other than flying SLIGHTLY lower is worthless ) You must get the FPV Custom Drone mod. I am thinking of trying the DBS MAX RANGE KIT BOOSTED . With my drone battery add on I can really work these additions out .

I'm only looking to stretch my current 400m to ~1km at most. Seems like most of the mods available are massive overkill for my needs.

Get a set of the good copper Parabolic antenna slip overs . It helps a lot. I paid for a good set $30 It also keeps the antennas straight to keep the signal stronger. There sold on Ebay.
It funnels all the waves out towards where your pointing it. ( Towards the Drone )

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31