Modified phantom vision H3-3D FPV, 2.4Ghz RC recommendations?

Reaction score
Hi, just realized that my RC is not a 2.4Ghz system but the 5.8Ghz Phantom Vision version. Now I already invested in H3-3D, GoPro and FPV 5.8Ghz. Wondered why my range was so short! :p

What do you recommend investing in? Another Phantom 2 basic to put all my equipment on or buying a new Futaba 14SG RC or something like that? Don't really want to invest in the P3 just yet.

Is there other cheaper as good options for RC?

Hi, just realized that my RC is not a 2.4Ghz system but the 5.8Ghz Phantom Vision version. Now I already invested in H3-3D, GoPro and FPV 5.8Ghz. Wondered why my range was so short! :p

What do you recommend investing in? Another Phantom 2 basic to put all my equipment on or buying a new Futaba 14SG RC or something like that? Don't really want to invest in the P3 just yet.

Is there other cheaper as good options for RC?

You could modify gimbal and camera to use the wifi 5.8Ghz system you already have. You would need a wifi extender and either a tablet or iphone if you don't already have them.

Is that really possible? Have never heard anyone being able to use the GoPro and H3-3D with a tablet... That would be cool, cause I already have the wifi stuff!

I saw that I probably can buy the spare parts for a 2.4Ghz receiver and switch system inside the phantom, and buy a new 2.4Ghz RC controller. that would be cheaper than a futaba or new machine.

Is that really possible? Have never heard anyone being able to use the GoPro and H3-3D with a tablet... That would be cool, cause I already have the wifi stuff!

I saw that I probably can buy the spare parts for a 2.4Ghz receiver and switch system inside the phantom, and buy a new 2.4Ghz RC controller. that would be cheaper than a futaba or new machine.

Yes it is totally possible and you can even use the GoPro's wifi. All the info on how to do it can be found in thread #252
http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2213815&page=17

Thanks! I'll check it out! Otherwise I'll just switch the receiver and buy another 2.4Ghz controller.

Thanks! I'll check it out! Otherwise I'll just switch the receiver and buy another 2.4Ghz controller.
IMO use the Futaba 8J as a pose to the 14SG. Just as easy to use and muuuuch cheeper ;-)

Thanks! I figured the easiest fix was to get a new dji 2.4Ghz system and just switch. It was in my price range too.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20