Mode changed to 127

Reaction score
Hi,

I regularly upload flight data to healthydrones.com to analyze it. There is one set of data displayed that I can't seem to reference properly. On the notifications tab I sometimes see items like:

Mode changed to 127
Mode changed to GPS Atti

See below:
Screenshot 2016-01-10 17.35.59.png

I was flying in P-GPS mode and never changed it during the flight (It was green and safe-to-Fly when I took off). The P3 manual states that there are 2 flight states under P-Mode:

P-Mode (Positioning): P-Mode works best when the GPS signal is strong. One of its two states will be selected by the aircraft automatically depending on GPS signal strength.

P-GPS: GPS is available. The aircraft uses GPS for positioning.
P-ATTI: GPS is not available. The aircraft only uses its barometer to maintain altitude.

Neither of these 2 map to what healthydrones.com shows. Also the GPS data seemed to show I had good signal when I left home all the way though landing.

Screenshot 2016-01-10 17.36.39.png

Can somebody give me insight into how to interpret these notifications? Something is obviously happening and I would like to understand what it is.

Thanks.

I got this response a while back from Eran Steiner (the developer of healthydrones.com):

"Mode 127 is fairly common with the Standard model. Unfortunately, the SDK does not provide any information about that mode, but I believe it is related to signal."

I noticed it is more common with a weak signal. It could be a frequency change to another channel for better reception.

I got this response a while back from Eran Steiner (the developer of healthydrones.com):

"Mode 127 is fairly common with the Standard model. Unfortunately, the SDK does not provide any information about that mode, but I believe it is related to signal."

Did you ever figure out this problem? Did you ever have signal loss issues along with this? I just uploaded a flight log that had about 100 of these notifications, along with many, many loss of signal and rth warnings.. My fingertips are numb from searching for this answer.

Calling DJI tech support is less than useful to say the least. I told the tech sup agent that flight logs are showing switch mode 127 numerous times and she asked if I had flipped the switch on the aircraft...........o_O REALLY?!

I'm sending it back to them in the morning.. I just hope their real techs are a little better than tech support.

If anyone knows what this is please inform the rest of us!

Did you ever figure out this problem? Did you ever have signal loss issues along with this? I just uploaded a flight log that had about 100 of these notifications, along with many, many loss of signal and rth warnings.. My fingertips are numb from searching for this answer.

Calling DJI tech support is less than useful to say the least. I told the tech sup agent that flight logs are showing switch mode 127 numerous times and she asked if I had flipped the switch on the aircraft...........o_O REALLY?!

I'm sending it back to them in the morning.. I just hope their real techs are a little better than tech support.

If anyone knows what this is please inform the rest of us!
I am missing something, your not sending it in for this problem are you?

I am missing something, your not sending it in for this problem are you?

Sorry, I'm having severe range issues with my p3S and this 127 mode/atti mode switching started showing up with the range problem.

And to all, I have seen the 127 a lot and never figured out or read a good answer, but yes it always seams to me near the Gps Atti. What if this is the Phantom, re-evaluating the satellites it is locked on.
Any thoughts on this idea?

Sorry, I'm having severe range issues with my p3S and this 127 mode/atti mode switching started showing up with the range problem.
Range as RC Signal, and then RTH?

You joined Monday, has this unit worked correctly at all?
Here is my long story,

Phantom 3-Std Weak Remote Signal

Short version, I had to send mine in, same problem, but I think I was the first to post this problem.

I really watch these threads on P3S and signal problems.

Lately the last month or so I was seeing a trend of the video signal crapping out.

Yes, it worked perfectly from the day I bought it (feb 25th) until the 27th of March. On the 24th of this month i got out to 4020' with a bone stock setup over land. Then three days later I'm fighting to get past 600-1500' away (i know the pics show close to 1900' but that was a fluke for that flight, it was a challenge to get it that far). The 4000' flight was a breeze as you can see in the flight path.

I've re-linked the tx manually and through the app about 15 times each method, I made a windsurfer and that seems to help but only by a couple hundred feet or so, I've uninstalled and reinstalled the app on my phone, I don't have a "supported" device but it's running the latest version of Android Marshmallow, I live and fly in the country, the only internet available out here is dial up so Wi-Fi interference is not the culprit either. My question is why would it work properly for a month straight then out of the blue it struggles to get past 1000ft.

The mode 127 switch was the glaring difference when I started reviewing my flight logs on healthydrones so I assume whatever is wrong is causing it, or mode 127 is the cause itself.

This is the log of my record distance flight with no 127 Mode showing up..
Screenshot_2016-03-30-17-35-45.png

This is the first flight with the problem..
Screenshot_2016-03-30-19-39-22.png

Screenshot_2016-03-30-19-39-45.png

As you can see there's a huge difference.

I just replied to you, b
You joined Monday, has this unit worked correctly at all?
Here is my long story,

Phantom 3-Std Weak Remote Signal

Short version, I had to send mine in, same problem, but I think I was the first to post this problem.

I really watch these threads on P3S and signal problems.

Lately the last month or so I was seeing a trend of the video signal crapping out.

I just replied to this but idk if I hit the reply button on your post.. If I did disregard this one.

Yep, I would send it in.
For me and anybody else following this signal loss problem, can you relate this to a firmware update?
I will send you a P.M. since we are taking over the thread.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20