Mode Change to 61 w/Error code 63 Notification

Reaction score
Anyone see this before - anything to be concerned about?

Other than the normal iOS lag and pixilation I didn't notice anything strange when flying.

HealthyDrones_com_-_Innovative_flight_data_analysis_that_matters.jpg

I have not. I would check healthydrones forum. If you can't find an answer I would start a thread, Eran will respond with an answer.

WOW that's crazy, I haven't seen that. Your altitude starts out in the negative and then the number goes sky high in the negative. Definitely Eran may know and may want to try and call DJI like it says?
ImageUploadedByPhantomPilots - DJI Phantom Forum1443926955.682951.jpg

Thanks guys - I haven't checked the healthy drones forum but will do.

This was my first flight at this location, there were about 4 other RC aircraft up in the air at the time. So maybe it was just bad interference.

From the picture it looks likes you are next to an air strip.

That may be the cause.
Its a RC flying field :) Runway is only about 200yds long :)

Reactions: Jbundy63
That very well could be the issue and would be very careful if you fly and maybe not on that spot till you get an answer.

Anyone see this before - anything to be concerned about?

Other than the normal iOS lag and pixilation I didn't notice anything strange when flying.

View attachment 32684

I checked it, by search and nothing came up. I made a thread about it. I'm curious to what it might be. I have yet to see that error.

I'd be concerned.

Maybe loss of GPS data internally for some reason? Loss of barometer data?

Either way, never seen that on mine and would probably do a firmware reload, IMU cal, and compass cal before flying again if I did.
I'd also probably keep it very close and low for the next couple of flights.

Could be a one-off glitch or could be signs of imminent doom.

Oh, and please don't fly over people or populated places until you're certain everything is operating correctly.

Last edited:
I'd be concerned.

Maybe loss of GPS data internally for some reason? Loss of barometer data?

Either way, never seen that on mine and would probably do a firmware reload, IMU cal, and compass cal before flying again if I did.
I'd also probably keep it very close and low for the next couple of flights.

Could be a one-off glitch or could be signs of imminent doom.

Oh, and please don't fly over people or populate places until you're certain everything is operating correctly.
Agreed!

That very well could be the issue and would be very careful if you fly and maybe not on that spot till you get an answer.

Yea thats a good idea, I'll wait before flying at that field again. Do plan on flying tomorrow in a known good area so I see what happens there. Maybe the code is the secret R-T-C return-to-china :rolleyes:

Reactions: Jbundy63
Yea thats a good idea, I'll wait before flying at that field again. Do plan on flying tomorrow in a known good area so I see what happens there. Maybe the code is the secret R-T-C return-to-china :rolleyes:
LOL That's funny [emoji23] If you decide to fly I would do like Shammyh recommends on all the calibrations, etc.
keep us informed of what goes on. Safe flying

Reactions: brianb87
Yeah that's not good you definitely want a least 10 sats. At any time, the more the better.

Eran's response

-"I haven't seen this before. Reviewing this log, when this warning shows up, some of the sensors go completely wild. The altitude is -3267 meters, speed is in the tens of thousands, the aircraft is pitching and rolling in an impossible angle, 127 satellites and the coordinates are not located on earth. More than that - this specific record actually shows up at 75.5 seconds (1:15), but with an entry claiming it's from 31.9s.

So something went very wrong. It could be a bug in the DJI app which saves the TXT log file, or something very wrong with the aircraft. Please ask the owner to not fly it until they talk to DJI!"

I bet it was interference from the other flyers at the RC field. The data that was logged is not realistic, and when bad communications links occur, strange errors will typically happen. Fly alone in a safe area without sources of interference and all should be fine.

I agree it was most likely interference but I would still contact DJI just to be sure.

Howdy Guys,
Thanks for all the great info. I did fly today - see links below.
All checked out fine - I did the following before flying today.
1) Wiped the DJI Go app off the iPad and reloaded it
2) Formatted the SD card

Flight #1
HealthyDrones.com - Innovative flight data analysis that matters

Flight #2
HealthyDrones.com - Innovative flight data analysis that matters

Both look nearly completely fine.

I'd still be a bit cautious for the next few flights, but hopefully it was a fluke.

Could you possibly pull the internal flight logs from the Phantom itself? Be curious to see how those compare with the controller side logs.

Would also isolate the issue to controller side if nothing is abnormal in the bird logs.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31