Modding my remote went wrong

Reaction score
So long story short, was modding my antenna so I had the remote disassembled. Put it back together with all connections looking okay and ribbons in place. Booted up the controller and now when I plug in my tablet in via USB it won't charge or connect to dji/litchi. I have changed my Con board and it's still not working. I can fly the aircraft still without the display so that part is working. Any ideas ?

So long story short, was modding my antenna so I had the remote disassembled. Put it back together with all connections looking okay and ribbons in place. Booted up the controller and now when I plug in my tablet in via USB it won't charge or connect to dji/litchi. I have changed my Con board and it's still not working. I can fly the aircraft still without the display so that part is working. Any ideas ?
Obviously its a problem with the connectio n to the usb board, probably the ribbon cable. Check it very carefully for misalignment
If it isnt straight it can make contact on wrong rows.

The ribbon looks fine to me but I guess it could of stretched/broken inside. It's hard to misalign when installing because it sort of had a guide line to follow

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3003 using Tapatalk

93326bb8469319b4a4c70ed869d53e5e.jpg

93326bb8469319b4a4c70ed869d53e5e.jpg

Yes check your ribbons! If you even knicked one it could cause this.. They are VERY fragile.. Also make sure all three ribbons are in all the way and clamped down right with the plastic lock- down.. The white line on the ribbon should be nearly flush with the plastic connector.. Also make sure the white line is perfectly parallel with the connector -if not this will indicate that the ribbon is in crooked and could be making poor connection.

If all looks good on the module end, then your next step should be to check the fat ribbon cable down at the controller circuit board.. Maybe it got jerked out. Happens very easily .

Could have happened during reassembly.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ditto… The ribbons are far more fragile than I expected! . Ive put a lot of boards in computers and such, and I kinked my ribbon putting in the HDMI module. It looked perfect, however it had to go back to DJI to be replaced.

Will try source a ribbon & see if that works. I didn't know they was that fragile.

Got a new ribbon in and still no life of the USB board. I think Its time for a new remote controller unfortunately. I have read that the controller is super sensitive but I didn't think it would be that easy to bust

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shimuafeni fredrik