Mod Question?

Reaction score
I have read somewhere that the extender and camera's Wifi antenna is LHCP, Am I right?

Now here is my Idea, I ordered a GoodLuck Gimbal which will arrive on Thursday, and, I will modify it to fit the Vision camera. I figured I install a 2.4 GHz LHCP Pinwheel on the phantom and one on the extender and leave the other stock antenna like it is.
The reason for this is I am anticipating some loss of wifi range because one gimbal motor with be covering one side of the cameras antenna.
Now, if i can I get a slight increase in range i will be happy. Is this feasible?

Thanks in Advance,

The camera does have LHCP micro patch antennas if you cover them with the gimbal you will get some signal loss not sure yet how bad it will be
Adding a pinwheel to the extender may not extend the range but will make it omni directional so you won't have to aim at it as much. for added distance you want a directional antenna there are some small ones being tested here real shortly
You can also increase range with an omni directional with higher gain then the pinwheel

rfernandez said:
i will remember that when I go up in that area..

Planing to do some flying in on around Lake okeechobee some time soon

I about 45 min north of orlando

Duh ... color me dense, but I just got it ... "mr_3_0_5" ... are you Pitbull? LOL

(Now I bet we see a Vision in one of his new videos :)

Hi, I will be like on the same boat in a few days, yesterday (03/12/14) my Vision finally arrived,
and my Hobbypower Gimbal is on its way from China.

I was wondering that, maybe a)installing the gimbal upside down on a floor and the camera on top,
or b)placing the gimbal -90º so the camera sits a little forward than the motors, or c)somehow placing
the antennas out of the shell of the camera.

Would like to hear how you solve it.

I abandoned the idea of the good luck gimbal and ordered the 3Dpower gimbal.. will have to wait and see what the range is once i install the new gimbal. I am selling the still in the box goodluckbuy gimbal in your are interested see my post or know of someone.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers