Mission Waypoints and DJI Pano in one app?

Reaction score
Has there been an app developed that uses pre determined waypoints and at each waypoint do a DJI P4P sphere pano (34 images) then flys to the next waypoint? Thanks in advance.

The only app that I know of that can do what you want is AutoPilot. But, AutoPilot is iOS only, costs around $30 - 40, and hasn’t been updated in a while (Hangar, the developer seems to be letting it die).

Regardless, AutoPilot is an excellent, highly advanced flight automation app that has extensive flight programming features with a bit of a learning curve.

Chris

Dronelink is a relatively new app that allows you to do many things. I'm thinking about subscribing myself. You can check it out here,, Home | Dronelink

Is there a need for a 34 image pano? I mean is that what's important to the shots? I find 8 image panos work pretty well usually.

Reactions: BigAl07
Is there a need for a 34 image pano? I mean is that what's important to the shots? I find 8 image panos work pretty well usually.

I think the OP is wanting to do Spherical Pano rather than a single row of images. Most likely used to using something like Hangar 360 or DronePano which automatically took many more images at different camera angles including at least one or two in NADIR.

Just guessing though :)

The number of shots doesn’t matter as long as there is enough overlap for stitching. The OP wants spherical panos. Litchi can do 360 single row panos but not spherical in waypoints missions. In addition, when using waypiont actions in Litchi you cannot use curved turns (more cinematic), whereas AutoPilot can.

AutoPilot is unique in the sea of automated apps, it’s too bad Hangar doesn’t seem to want to continue supporting it.

Chris
Happy Holidays everyone.

My wife accuses me of two-dimensional thinking a lot. This might have just proved her point lol.

• Haha
Thanks for the comments. Yes I want to do a spherical pano. I’ll try the suggestions and see if the DJI Go 4 Pano function is available for app developers in the DJI SDK kit. Merry Christmas from New Zealand.

The number of shots doesn’t matter as long as there is enough overlap for stitching. The OP wants spherical panos. Litchi can do 360 single row panos but not spherical in waypoints missions. In addition, when using waypiont actions in Litchi you cannot use curved turns (more cinematic), whereas AutoPilot can.

AutoPilot is unique in the sea of automated apps, it’s too bad Hangar doesn’t seem to want to continue supporting it.

Chris
Happy Holidays everyone.

Hangar has been purchased by a larger company so many of the platforms we were used to using with Hangar are no longer supports. I think it's crappy how Hangar just "left us out to dry" but that's how big business works I suppose.

BTW Hangar was acquired Airmap for those who didn't know this.

Reactions: GFields
Hangar has been purchased by a larger company so many of the platforms we were used to using with Hangar are no longer supports. I think it's crappy how Hangar just "left us out to dry" but that's how big business works I suppose.

BTW Hangar was acquired Airmap for those who didn't know this.

Yes, I read about AirMap acquiring Hangar, but wasn’t sure if it was the same ‘Hangar’. It’s too bad AutoPilot has been left to die. It was and still is an amazing program. Hard to believe it’s still being sold on the Apple store.

I have been exploring DroneLink now that a basic account is free. Just signed up but haven’t figured out how to plan missions yet. It looks promising though.

Chris
Happy Holidays

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shimuafeni fredrik