Mission Planner (FPV Camera – iOS Waypoints App) Available Now

Reaction score
[Edit 2015/12/18]: A new update of FPV Camera v2.0 is available in App Store now. What's new in Mission Planner:
• New: Introduce 2 new mission types - Panorama & Pano-WP
• New: Auto-tilt algorithm for smooth tilting upon changing targets in Target-WP mission
• New: Add Camera settings (Auto mode)
• New: RC C2 button to toggle between FPV & map view
• New: Prompt to confirm Stop mission and Pause/Resume mission
• New: Show distance between previous/next waypoints and aiming target for easy reference
• New: Context sensitive help "?" on each tab
• Fixed: Screen recorder reliability on some devices
• Fixed: Auto Recording couldn't start occasionally
• Fixed: When toggle FPV/map view, map might shift occasionally
• Fixed: Each "Stay" action would stay 3 seconds

[Edit 2015/11/20]: The new update of FPV Camera v1.3 (with Mission Planner) is available in iTunes App Store now. We also introduce a new All-In-One monthly subscription model in the new update. FPV Camera on the App Store

We have been conducting a private beta testing of Mission Planner in the past 3 weeks. We are about to start a small scale (round one) public beta testing, targeting 50 beta testers on iPad. If you are interested to join, please sign up at Beta Registration Form. We expect beta testers willing to provide feedback on problems/bugs and suggestions to improve the app.

We would like to share with you 2 videos of “Fly Multi-Target Mission” and “Setup Multi-Target Mission” to get an idea how it works.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Mission Planner is an advanced ground station to program autonomous waypoint flight based on Google Map for creating superior footage. You can set maximum 99 waypoints in conjunction with multiple shooting targets in a single continuous mission. With aid of progressive Auto-Tilt gimbal control, it always keeps your targets right at the center of your footage with smooth camera tilting from one target to another even with some very difficult footage.

Mission Planner is powerful and easy to use. It guides you through mission setup step-by-step. You can plan your mission anywhere you like without requiring connection to RC or aircraft, then save the mission file on your iOS devices for future use like a document file.

A simple tutorial of RC pitch & yaw control in Mission Planner.

*** Important Notes to Beta Testers ***
Aircraft height (altimeter) may easily vary 20m (66ft) off the actual height after aircraft flying and heating up several minutes. You are recommended to set waypoint height minimum 25m (82ft). For example, if you set a waypoint height 25m, when aircraft reaches such waypoint 10 minutes later, the actual height might be only 5m (17ft) depending on the discrepancy of altimeter, though the altimeter is still reporting 25m height. This is likely a generic issue of DJI products family regardless apps or even without using app.

Last edited:
Looking forward to trying it! Weather here's atrocious though. Mind you I've already planned a couple of small missions and found it very intuitive.

I have been beta testing for a few weeks and am here to tell you that it is a magnificent program, you will not regret trying it, I promise. It's made flying fun again, I set up missions at home, save them and go fly them later. The only two obsticles that I can see are your imagination and battery life.

Definetly gonna try! Hope I receive an invitation I already subscribe
Ditto-- looks like I need to be flying this.:D What are the distance limitations from the Home Point?

From what I can tell, if you are flying a mission with lots of obstructions, just make sure that RTH in Setup is highlighted. Otherwise it will hover and if you are obstructed, it may not RTH and you will have no control of the quad. Not 100% about that, but sounds logical to me. Maybe someone else know about that for sure.

It has more or less the functionality and attention to detail that Litchi's waypoints has, but there's no doubt that it's more intuitive to set up your missions. It's the little things that count such as the way that each waypoint's set height (v important) is shown on the actual map, rather than having to go into a separate menu. Still to try in the field yet due to weather/other commitments but looks very good indeed.

Thank you so much for all your support. The number of sign-up testers are way over our expected quota limit 50. We will put the onward sign-up testers in the waiting list or second round public beta testing (if any). If those invited beta testers don't install/test the app within 2 days, we will remove them from the beta list and add others from waiting list per first come, first served basis.

Thank you so much for all your support. The number of sign-up testers are way over our expected quota limit 50. We will put the onward sign-up testers in the waiting list or second round public beta testing (if any). If those invited beta testers don't install/test the app within 2 days, we will remove them from the beta list and add others from waiting list per first come, first served basis.
Hurry up and get the paid version out! :D

Ditto-- looks like I need to be flying this.:D What are the distance limitations from the Home Point?
There is no distance limit so far. However, the app estimates how much battery % do you need to complete the mission.

12196304_641381845964625_6353933142939204106_n.jpg

Just downloaded and installed on the iPad - will read the instructions to get much head around the app before I start planning. Not sure on the flight potential as at the moment it looks like rain for the rest of the week. I I can't get any flights in I will ask to be removed from the beta test to allow another person in.

OK so far have mapped out a WP and Target mission and found it very straight forward in terms of planning (so well done in achieving that).

So the only observation/suggestion thus far is for the targets - perhaps allow the user to change the name of the target from the default number to a name e.g. place the target, the default id #1 is created, click on it, and then update id to a name such as "bullseye". I would rank it as a very low priority item to implement.

Aircraft height (altimeter) may easily vary 20m (66ft) off the actual height after aircraft flying and heating up several minutes. You are recommended to set waypoint height minimum 25m (82ft). For example, if you set a waypoint height 25m, when aircraft reaches such waypoint 10 minutes later, the actual height might be only 5m (17ft) depending on the discrepancy of altimeter, though the altimeter is still reporting 25m height. This is likely a generic issue of DJI products family regardless apps or even without using app.

Will update this to the OP

Will update this to the OP
Really? This doesn't track with any other app or normal flying with the P3P. If I fly out a mile or more and fly back at a particular height it P3 is still at that height when it gets back, or at least very close. Maybe I'm misunderstanding? It seems your saying that if I set the P3 to fly at 60feet there's a good chance it'll be in the ground in 10 min if I'm not paying attention. Right?

Why aren't all the other apps having the same problem then? Not trying to criticize, just trying to understand.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jody.paugh@fullerandsons.