Missing bushing and e-clip

Reaction score
My fairly new Phantom 2 Vision had something loose knocking about inside of it after my first flight. I wasn't sure what it was until I discovered one of the props was sticking a bit and the motor assembly could be lifted up a little. I took apart the housing and found that the e-clip that holds the bushing in place at the bottom of the motor spindle was lodged in a crevice and the bushing was missing. Is it possible to order a new bushing and e clip? I do not know of an RC parts store in my area that might have loose parts. Are there any after market bushings and bearings for the Phantom?
This should be a cheap fix... if I could find the parts. Crickets from DJI when I emailed them.
Or I could buy some upgrade motors from T-motor? Does anyone have experience with their Antigravity motors? Worth the extravagant price?

Thanks!

I'm not sure of where to purchase the thrust bearing and E clip for the motors but I know there is a post on here regarding that. Please do a search and I'm sure you'll find what you need...,

-slinger

A quick Google search came up with this amongst others: http://www.ebay.com/itm/Dji-phantom-mot ... 6470208%26 (does bearings as well, there are probably a few non-ebay sources too).

Definitely worth checking all the e-clips and bearings as part of a regular preventative maintenance schedule, there have been reports of the e-clip and/or bushing flying around inside and shorting out speed controllers, etc.

If you haven't had any "firm landings" then it certainly shouldn't have worked itself loose in just a few flights. If you bought from a dealer, have you asked them about replacement bearings, etc?

Pull_Up said:
Definitely worth checking all the e-clips and bearings as part of a regular preventative maintenance schedule, there have been reports of the e-clip and/or bushing flying around inside and shorting out speed controllers, etc.

If you haven't had any "firm landings" then it certainly shouldn't have worked itself loose in just a few flights. If you bought from a dealer, have you asked them about replacement bearings, etc?

Um, yes I had a "firm" landing on the first flight. Low speed, but the little guy flipped over on uneven ground. Didn't think I caused damage at the time. I only noticed the sticking prop the next day after giving him a thorough inspection. Took off the motors but I did not take off the shell. I will do so now and inspect all of the solder joints per other posts and make sure nothing else is loose!

I found some "upgrade" kits last night. Are plastic bushings (I assume delrin) okay? Are they an improvement over brass? When I used to build RC cars in my youth, delrin was smoother, but seemed to wear out more quickly than brass. Any thoughts? If I use the plastic thrust bearing on one motor, should I replace the bearings on all of them?

Thanks!

I don't know! I've never had issues with my motors so that's all above my pay grade for now. ;)

As the motors are the same as those on the late-model Phantom V1s, you might want to search/ask over in the General or Help sections as there are bound to be V1 flyers who have replaced bearings and so on.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj