Mini USB port

Reaction score
Can I use the USB port on the phantom 3 standard for anything besides transferring footage and pictures?

I dont think you can do much with the USB port anymore. Its all done by the app. I have heared talk about getting the flight data off the phantom using the USB Port. I have also heard that the USB port may be powered ao it could be used for powering lights E.T.C

I dont think you can do much with the USB port anymore. Its all done by the app. I have heared talk about getting the flight data off the phantom using the USB Port. I have also heard that the USB port may be powered ao it could be used for powering lights E.T.C
That's what I was thinking I could hook up a light or some kind of camera.

The USB port on the front of the Phantom is for extracting flight logs from the aircraft. You have to first put the Phantom in flight log mode from within the app. Then the internal Micro-SD will become available as a drive you can access from your computer.

The USB port on the gimbal essentially makes your gimbal into a Micro-SD card reader. Connect a cable from the gimbal port to your computer & you can copy the contents from the Micro-SD card in the camera to your computer without removing the card. The aircraft has to be powered on during the process.

Can I use the USB port on the phantom 3 standard for anything besides transferring footage and pictures?

Reactions: dirkclod
The USB port on the front of the Phantom is for extracting flight logs from the aircraft. You have to first put the Phantom in flight log mode from within the app. Then the internal Micro-SD will become available as a drive you can access from your computer.

The USB port on the gimbal essentially makes your gimbal into a Micro-SD card reader. Connect a cable from the gimbal port to your computer & you can copy the contents from the Micro-SD card in the camera to your computer without removing the card. The aircraft has to be powered on during the process.

Thanks DB
I wondered what the USB on the main body was for.
I don't use the app for transferring at all; I hook up the gimble USB to the laptop to get all my pictures and videos. Works fine for me.

Cheers,

Ian

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shimuafeni fredrik