mini IOSD install

Reaction score
I need help. I have a new P2 with FPV purchased as a kit and am trying to add telemetry. I purchased an IOSD mini but can't find instructions on where to mount ect. See video ( couldn't get Flickr pic to post), it appears there is a cable connection avail for small mini cable but not sure where to plug in larger cable mini has. Do I need to open up P2 ? Any help or pics showing detail with similar setup is appreciated.
Addicted
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iUvXrPm4T-o

The plug you point to in your vid should connect to the little 4-pin port on the side of the iOSD mini. The thick black cable coming off the iOSD is the canbus cable, and it plugs in to that black port attached to the side of the leg.

Thanks for help.
Plugged in as suggested, downloaded installer and assit. Turned off OD on Go Pro. Green light flashes on mini but nothing is displayed on monitor. Any ideas?

Are any of the grey cables plugged in to that FPV Hub connected at the other end to the Phantom's mainboard inside the shell? I can't quite tell where they all go in that pic.

Here's mine

Attachments

• photo 1.JPG
    photo 1.JPG
    247.6 KB · Views: 360
Check out this install video.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TL8pqtEDuos

I used this to install my IOSD yesterday. Just be careful with cracking open the case and disconnecting top.
Went great. I checked it out before buttoning it back up.
Then, after the 3 little screws and one end screw on each arm, were tightened up, GOT NOTHING.
After checking my soldering and re-doing the solder on the one video (yellow) cable, still nothing.
Opened it up and lo and behold, the silly cable that connected to the IOSD was disconnected. DUH!
Checking it out today on this cloudy day along the Delaware in Pennsylvania.

So glad I bought the cable that links VTX/iOSD all together. Made life so much easier. If you get chance try to instal it all inside, it looks alot cleaner.

I took off the canbus from outside and pulled cable through and now the only thing on outside is VTX and gimbal.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers